Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    You guys have completely different cars so trying to associate the noises won't get yu too far. Clutch in takes load off the engine so the vibration doesn't travel through the chassis as much.

Hugo, get your engine mounts checked. They are a common weak point on the DC5.

Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    You guys have completely different cars so trying to associate the noises won't get yu too far. Clutch in takes load off the engine so the vibration doesn't travel through the chassis as much.

Hugo, get your engine mounts checked. They are a common weak point on the DC5.
    yeah, i suspected it was engine mounts. I wanted to check them myself but im so noob i dont know where they are.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    nahh. its definatley nothing to do with the clutch. noise is there regardless of clutch in or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    vq35de
    could be heat shield for the drivers side drive shaft.

I had the most horrible sounding noise at 2200 then again at 3000 rpm on my LS motor. Metal on metal rattling. Ended up being a bad alternator belt causing the ignition circuit to break down at a few operating points.

I seem to have the same rattling sound as well. Please let me know how the warranty check up goes. I might have to bring mine in as well. Only seems to happen for the first 15-20 mins from 1st to 3rd gear during low revs, once you get over 4rpm it does go away.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    All fixed under warrenty. It was a washer which was part of the heat sheild, for right hand side drivers shaft i think. Part of the exhaust manifold. The washer was loose, causing vibration. All fixed, ordered in a whole new heat shield. All good now

Take it to honda. However mine noise did not go away when my engine was cold, so ur situation seems a little different.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '95 vti-r Integra
    I have been gettin the same/ish sounds on my 95 dc2... seems hard to judge exactly where comin from,(on load and in neutral, happens between 3k to 4k rpm) but did ur honda mechs say how easy it was to fix?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLie View Post
    I have been gettin the same/ish sounds on my 95 dc2... seems hard to judge exactly where comin from,(on load and in neutral, happens between 3k to 4k rpm) but did ur honda mechs say how easy it was to fix?
    sounds like similar problem on diff car. Like i said. I was just a matter of changing the heat shield, as the anti vibration washer in the heat sheild was playing up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    My DC5S had a rattle on the Drive Shaft shield(if that what its called) since new.
    Im thinking of adding silicone???
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

heat shield heats up. Alot. I wouldnt use silicone.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    heat shield heats up. Alot. I wouldnt use silicone.
    Are you aware that there is such thing as High Temp Silicone
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out