Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    No caR?
    are u joking? cos thats cheap as.. do we just contact ssr direct?

I just got a quote for shipping for the SSR header by contacting them.

Its US$150.

Each one is made to order, so you tell them what mods you have, or what your future mods will be, so they design it perfectly for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    No caR?
    group buy ftw!!!!!! lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    just a quick question which exhaust gives better power gains

Fujisubo RM-01A or PowerGetter or the Toda Exhaust ??

I've heard that the rm01a gives better mid range where as the powergetter gives better top end. not sure about the Toda system but i think that they're all quite similar.

I think the rm01a (10.6 kg) is lighter than the PG (not sure of weight).
    with stock headers i've heard that the rm01a is quieter than the PG.

Some say that with aftermarket headers the rm01a is louder than PG (not sure about this).

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Hi Steve.

RM01A is better than Powergetter. I have tried on my DC5R.

RM01A is also lighter,low to mid range power gain is very noticable.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Thank you Hullabaloo and kongfu for ur feedback

Very intresting tread, I'll be importing EP3 very soon so I started looking around for possible mods as well, so far from what I have read around the net you can't realy go wrong with any of the big name brands TODA, SPOON, MUGEN ect, but what I found out is that Buddyclub is the only company that had EP3s as their race cars and that anything to do with EP3 Buddyclub has developed very well.

Anyway it's hard to decide what to go for, my plan is to go for exhaust first, sice everybody recons that stock headers are pretty good and stock exhaust pretty restricted that looks like good way to start things, also form my reaserch groupM air intake looks to be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by curik View Post
    It'll be quite hard to get things from overseas especially bulky items such as a header. And also you may get taxed for such things, not to mention the surcharge for shipping and any sort of hassles. TODA AU is a reputable trader and it has the header in stock ready for delivery.

After all Honda looks more bling with JDM products. You don't see M3's or porsches put JDM wheels on even though they are superior do you?
    I doubt it there would be any problems purchasing headers from overseas. So far I've had a turbo kit(fmic, manifold etc) and springs shipped over from the US without paying any tax upon landing in Australia.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 USDM Civic Si Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by SeverAMV View Post
    look around on the forums where their old engineers lurk, they dont design anything different, they just copy the best bits from other designs. not saying theyre crap, they just copy other designs and integrate them into one product. plus, extractors that produce the most power dont necessarily lead to a faster car, theres a lot more physics involved, and same length primaries dont quite take advantage of the physics involved. look around if you dont get what i mean. theres an NA s2000 that makes less power than j racing's supercharged s2000, but still performs better on the track and in straight line acceleration.

and asking why their copy would be so expensive is like asking why people pay more for gucci and armani suits, you pay for the name and partially the product.

their k20a headers are very basic in design with only a few if any antireversion steps, but to make the most power from a setup, you'll need 35+ inches of primary piping at least, which is something that only bisimoto seems to do.
    Again, I'd like to reiterate that HyTech DOES NOT FUGGING COPY anyone! No one is going to pay $1200 USD for a copy of someone else header. There are basic fundamentals of header design that you fail to realize and you will see the incorporated in many header designs. John the owner of HyTech invented the anti reversion chamber. When I said that HyTech makes the most power I was referring to the overall power band as well as peak. But it's not about peak power it's about the power band and some cars are faster on short tracks but slower on long tracks.
    Last edited by Kidnkorner; 25-09-2008 at 02:27 PM.

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    If money isnt an issue go with the DTR/SSR headers from America. They make headers to suit what mods you have even for a stock motor.

In terms of exhaust, get a custom one with high flow cat, good flowing muffler and one resonator and 3inch piping!
    thats the 1 i went for...

Hey guys

We running the Rcrew Headers and 3 inch Rcrew exhaust with cat delete pipe. Makes the power and and definately worth the value. Not as expensive as other headers in the U.S market.

Wei