Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    just checked and its built April 2008.

I am hoping to get about 9 litres to the 100 in this car.... is that too much to expect for an auto CRV?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by 62rocket View Post
    ...so I refused the offer, stuck to my guns and they slowly came down in change over price after I got up to walk out. first was 31k, 30.5k, and I was sticking to 28k. They came down to 30k change over as their final offer which sounded tempting (I love the way they counter offer when they know you are about to walk out of the showroom and even better when they bring in the 'manager' to close the deal when the salesguy was not getting anything out of my poker face) and we struck a deal at 29k change over. I originally wanted a white CRV they had none in stock after we came up with the 29k change over price. They then wanted an extra $300 for the silver car as it was metallic. By this time I was over it. I said it wasn't my fault and I shouldn't have to now pay more because they can't deliver on the white car we struck the deal on. They backed down on the $300 extra....)
    congrats on the purchase and sounds like you did some heavy negotiating.. but I am just questioning your aggressive attitude towards the negotiation process and the sales person..

you make it sound like they are trying to 'trick' you out of money.. this is VERY frustrating to me as a salesperson myself.

The salesperson you were dealling with would only have scored a massive $100 commission out of your deal.. even at full price he'd only get ~250..

it seems to me that customers ASSUME that salespeople get ~5-10% of the PURCHASE PRICE of the vehicle.. but noooo... we get 10% of the Gross Profit.. and this amount is calculated AFTER dealer delivery and on-road costs etc are taken out.. so if you had a slab of a discount on your deal, the salesperson gets the pain.

you gotta understand that it's just the dude's job.. he is forced to do that and his manager coming out to close the deal is something he HAS to do.. and all that crap dealling with your 'poker face' for 2 HOURS - just for $100... then not to mention I bet you expect a PERFECTLY PRESENTED VEHICLE at time of delivery.. well guess who's responsibility it is to get your car to a perfect state ? that salesperson..
    and when you phone up to change your numberplate 4 times, are 2 hours late for delivery time and then call to say you're not goin to make it..

so all the fking around and BS all for $100.. basically it takes on average 10 hours to sell and deliver a vehicle.. so that's a whopping $10 per hour for the salesperson.. and then you take the tone that this guy has scorched YOU !?!?!?!

now I know we all want to pay the least possible amount for a new vehicle but try and keep in mind that the salesperson you're abusing aint getting paid a whole lot for the hours of time and not to mention headaches associated with each sold car.

now with the market in the toilet, that salesperson is prob glad just to get $100 ($60 after tax !!!!!!) but bear in mind, for every $1,000 you get as a discount, the salesperson is giving up $100 of his comission - untill he reaches their minimum comission

so perhaps if you get a couple of grand off your new vehicle purchase and you feel like you just defeated your 'enemy', spare a thought for the salesperson who's income you've just stolen and maybe throw him a hundred dollar note under the table.. HE is the one that saved you thousands, and he did it at the expense of his own income !!!!! and besides what you think, the salesperson is on your side, it's the dealership that is the enemy LOL
    and you're mad because they didnt have a white in stock and wanted the $300 for metallic paint ??? well did you ask about the factory bonus ?? and did you know that Honda Australia only honours the offer on cars processed on Honda's database before COB on the monday after the sale ?? so if they dont have that vehicle in stock or cant get hold of it before the date, they dont get the rebate from honda and therefore you wouldnt get the discount and you wouldnt get the car for the price you negotiated. so they COULD have got you a white one, but it'd be next month (etc) so not eligible for the discount and so you'd have to pay a couple of grand more.. so you complain about $300 for paint.. or it's a couple of grand for the colour you want....

I ensure all of my customers get a decent discount and a heap of accessories thrown in but then at the end of the day when i get my pay packet, there isnt much to write home about.. my clients are ecstatic with their deal and service, but I have a hollow feeling as I am on minimum comission - and THAT doesnt pay the bills..

sorry for my rant but I am so tired of ignorant customers ASUMING that we salespeople get these huge sales comissions.. honda sales staff at least dont get much at all.. and then there's no reason to gloat at the fact you've just denied a hard working salesperon of his income.
    Last edited by VT3C; 22-10-2008 at 07:17 PM.

wow, you went to great pains to tell me you possibly need a career change there. trust me there's more money to be made out there in a different career if he's only getting $100 for each car sold! Where did I ever abuse anyone? I went into the showroom and handled this like a business deal. I was straight down the line, knew what I wanted, had done my research and knew what my trade in was worth. The salesperson's commision was the last thing on my mind (and it would be for the vast majority of people looking to buy a new honda). It might sound a bit selfish but hell, why pay top dollar and ensure the salesman gets his full commission? I will kindly leave that to the wood ducks that walk in and pay full recommended retail price for the car. I am sure you could relate some great stories of wood duck buyers walking in and paying whatever price you guys put to them. I am not there to give money away. I went in with one aim, to get the best car for my money and hopefully that's what I did. With sales people, especially car sales, it all comes down to trust... I simply don't trust car sales people. The previous posts in this thread of promises of 2008 models and trying to deliver 2007 models is just one example of how people, like me, distrust car sales people. Thanks for your input though...
    Last edited by 62rocket; 23-10-2008 at 12:23 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    meh.. I didnt say u abused anyone, it's your whole attitude in relation to the sales process.. I'm just saying I hope you're happy that someone busted their ass for your $100.. trusted or not, the dude has to make a living.. and you just robbed him and seem to be PLEASED about it. now personally I congratulate you for robbing the DEALERSHIP as they're all owned by Baby-Boomers driving around in their multi-million dollar yachts while in these hard ecconomic times, the salesperson's pay packet suffers. Dealership 'hold-back' wouldnt have been affected but the entire margin in the car was swallowed up by your 'discount' and salespeople are paid comission based on the remaining margin.

that's why I suggested you throw him some coin under the table.. or at least show SOME KIND OF GRATITUDE if you received good service, you were happy with the condition of your car etc then why not.. though if your salesperson was an arrogant prick who tried to take you for a ride, then I retract my statement and I ecourage you to give him a poor PES rating (Performance Evaluation Survey) and dont refer him to your friends and family.

You're right there ARE easier ways to make money (than car sales) but you dont know the individual's circumstance.. the reason for my post is that 99% of all car buying customers assume salespeople make thousands of dollars in comissions per car..

to me, it doesnt sound like you handled it 'like a business deal'.. sounds to me like you were a tight-ass who did some lovely one-way negotiation LOL.. are you indian by chance ?? do you go the the newsagent and offer 50c for a $2 newspaper ? no you just pay retail price allowing the newsagent to make a small profit to cover the costs involved with running a business..

nobody likes car dealerships and it's understandable that you dont trust car salespeople.. unfortunately the industry IS still propped up by those stereotypical slimy car salesmen, but Honda does everything they can to ensure the honesty and integrity of their sales staff.. not to mention strict government bodies like the MTA and DOPI that mandate license conditions, strict police clearances etc..

even a gutted GLi Jazz Customers expect we get a few hundred dollars.. and it's just not true. then you get someone with YOUR attitude all cocky and arrogant even though you just saved a few grand.. FFS mate why arent you saying 'I bought a CRV at invoice and couldnt be happier' ??

anyway, enjoy your BASE MODEL CRV LOL..
    Last edited by VT3C; 23-10-2008 at 11:23 AM.

nah, iam not Indian apparently I am just a tight arsed 6th generation australian. I will enjoy my new car thanks and the next time I want to give to charity, it won't be to a down and out Honda salesperson who's low on their luck beacuse they work for a mean dealership. As for handing over money as a sign of gratitude to the salesperson, you seriously must be living in a dreamland. oh and by the way, I don't even pay for my newspapers, I get them free through work! Enough said, I hope you enjoy your job but like I said, there's much better money out their if you guys are only getting $100 for 10 hours work.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    no probs.. said what I had to say.. just remember: goes-around-comes-around :P

come on VT3C, surely you could relate to us all some story of a wood duck buyer, paying full retail for a new car, getting minimum dollar for their trade in car and not even questioning the possibility of a price reduction? Or the people who buy a car on a Salary Sacrafice Package that pay full retail as well? You must have a few stories to relate....

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    crv
    good price you got there 62rocket. congratz!!!

car salesman are all liars. they only talk nice to you before you buy the car... but after you signed the contract they just treat you with no respect....

That's why next time i buy another honda car from a dealer, i wont treat them nice anymore.

that's the experience I have with Honda salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipss View Post
    good price you got there 62rocket. congratz!!!

car salesman are all liars. they only talk nice to you before you buy the car... but after you signed the contract they just treat you with no respect....

That's why next time i buy another honda car from a dealer, i wont treat them nice anymore.

that's the experience I have with Honda salesman.
    Unfortunately, this is the same experience I had when I bought my Mazda last month.

Honda, Mazda, other dealerships it's no different. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule and you do find geniune salesman who are interested in a sale by getting a good deal for the buyer and getting a decent comission which adds to their sales totals.
    Last edited by FitRS; 25-10-2008 at 06:57 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    well this thread took a turn

to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    LMFAO trism !! that image should be my avatah

yeah wooducks come and go but even the wooducks I feel sorry for and give em a few freebies even if they dont ask for them..

Lolipss - sounds like you got burnt gooood man - sorry to hear it.. and like i said, for the most part, the car sales industry IS run by your typical fkwit car salesmen and 9 out of 10 will try and take you for a ride, but it pisses me off when there are a handfull of us trying to make a difference and just coming up against these ignorant customer attitudes.

though, ever heard the saying do-unto-others-as-you-would-have-done-unto-yourself ?? well i'd say if you went in with guns'a'blazing, then no wonder you got burnt hahaha

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2008 Luxury Sat Nav
    Most car salespeople are dodgy farkers, no doubt about that. I trust my next door neighbours cat more then some of these slimy dirtbags, correction, all of them.

The trouble is these dodgy salespersons have made their bed and now they need to sleep in it. Their constant bullshit has wrecked the entire industry and whatever trust there was in the first place so i give those who do get a great deal a big "pat on the bat".

Who gives a shit about the salespersons pay packet? I don't, and they do not give a shit about you once you put your name to paper.

What goes round comes round? Too bloody right it does...
    Honda - The power of dreams? More like the power of nightmares!