Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post simple mods for noob?

hey, jus gotta dc4 97, im a real noob, wondering what some cheap simple mods would be to start me off get a little bit more power, read a bit of stuff on exhausts, air filters and I/H/E but dont know what that last one is? which would be fair cheap and easy but effective? thx

Member Array
    Car:
    EG seeker/CEM1 Cyborg
    I/H/E = intake, headers, exhaust
    get a CAI (cold air intake) system like Injen or AEM
    4-2-1 or 4-1 headers
    and a catback exhaust

i would recommend you start on sussy mods first though,
    coilovers, front and rear struts. swaybar etc..

then save some money, eat migoreng and drop a B18c7 in it.

oh thx dude, yh well ive been eatin mi goreng like eve since 2001 , um so cn u give me rough estimate how much taht stuff would cost? and my cars already lowerd, so do i still wanna get coilovers? and dosent the integra come with sway bars already? as u can see im total noob

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    Migoreng FTW!!

Cost can vary ALOT!!..for example

Intake - you can get a generic from ebay for approx $100AUD, you could get a Injen or AEM which will be around $300

Headers- you can go egay again, and headers might set you back $250....or you can go local shop and they offer you stuff like Xforce headers, = $350+?.. or you can go dyno proven stuff like toda.. $1000+??

Exhaust - you can get el cheapo muffler for like $150 fitted, or you can go the full exhaust, or catback, around $2k+ - 1K.

Suspension - if your after style or look, you can just get cheapo King Spring, cost around $300-400? If your after handling improvments, get new shocks + springs combo, or coil overs, change bushes, upgrade rear sway bar, upper strut bar, lower tie bar, alternatively you can get parts of a DC2r ( type R), which will also be a great improvment to your dc4

Totalli varies man,, you wanna spend big dollars, den you will see bigger gains,
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    what you want is improve the braking and the handling of the car before you mod for speed.. most people mod for speed and they forgot the important part in car..

the handling and stoping power
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Suspension - if your after style or look, you can just get cheapo King Spring, cost around $300-400? If your after handling improvments, get new shocks + springs combo, or coil overs, change bushes, upgrade rear sway bar, upper strut bar, lower tie bar, alternatively you can get parts of a DC2r ( type R), which will also be a great improvment to your dc4

lol, yh wen i got my car it come with king springs lowerd a bit, yeh well so think i should start with handling, so out of all that stuff shocks + springs combo , coilovers etc, what do i ask for , and is there any place in particular to go to? dnt think i cn get hold of dc2r parts so probz the other stuff, but yeh i shud be able to get hold of money its jus gettin the right shit, and i dnt wanna be payin more than i should. thx guys

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    Where you from?? Good place to start is our traders on ozhonda.. and see what they got to offer.
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG seeker/CEM1 Cyborg
    just do a search on here dude, there is plenty of info just need to know where to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by g.ta View Post
    just do a search on here dude, there is plenty of info just need to know where to look for it.
    yh dude, searched for a while? bt cant seem to find this marketplace ? cn u direct me

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C

um, k yh i go there, but how do i buy products of those traders? or even browse em? coz under each link it just comes up with these three threads :

Announcement: "How much for ... / Where to by xxx?"
    Announcement: How not to get ripped off / scammed - Tips for buying/selling
    Announcement: Bought / Sold something on Ozhonda? Then Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG,DC2
    thats odd, there should be a thread on each product thats for sale by the trader under those 3 Announcements unless the rules have changed