Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Civic GLi
    Damnnn everyone seems to get great fuel economy with their Gen 7 Civics!

I've got an 03 Gli and the best I've ever got is around 450 from a tank. Most of the time its 400km or less...mmm maybe I need to change my driving habits? Please give me some advice about improving my fuel economy!

Con:
    88kW Power
    Stiff steering (maybe that's just mine)
    Pro:
    A very practical car, gets you from A to B pretty well

Only problem I've had was a blocked air filter which was picked up during it's 40kms service.

I got an 03 GLi as well, and I get as least 450km on a full tank (~40L) - even with the more than occassional thrashing. The only thing I've done to it is put a SRI in, and I don't think that would make a significant increase in petrol consumption. I usually fill up with BP Ultimate or Shell Optimax? (forget the name). Is your car an auto? Mine is, and I think if they were manual we would be able to get 500+ like the other manual drivers with our model. So yours is pretty much standard. I thought I was the only one getting crappy fuel economy.
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Civic GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by SHU-ES1 View Post
    I got an 03 GLi as well, and I get as least 450km on a full tank (~40L) - even with the more than occassional thrashing.
    Yeah, I've got an auto and am in the same positon as you - "occassional thrashing" and that's just you know revving to 4500-5500rpm (if that even counts). I use standard petrol and the only times I ever get close to 450km is if I've gone on long drives and also have driven quite conservatively :S.

Oh well, kinda relieved it's not just mine. Btw excuse the ignorance, SRI = something something intake?

oh and another Con for the 7th gen, excluding the reserve, you' effectively only have a tank of about 38-39litres (correct me if I'm wrong), which could get annoying i.e. frequent pumping of petrol.
    Last edited by dawack1; 06-11-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Yeh, true that. I fill up pretty much once a week because of the smaller tank. SRI is just short ram intake air filter thingy - i got it off ebay! Try filling up with the more expensive fuel and see if it makes a difference to your mileage.
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 Civic VTi
    maybe u guys do more city driving than the others. i've noticed if i do more freeway/motorway driving, the fuel consumption is better. but if im in traffic alot, the consumption is higher.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EU3
    Strangely i use the standard stuff at the pump (91) and still get 450km+
    Currently got BP Ultimate in the tank cos i didn't pay for it XD, the only differences i find are that vtec delivery and idling is a lot smoother with any 95 or 98, haven't really tested mileage but will let you know by the end of the week.
    Then again i have an auto too and yeah, manual should always yield better mileage

Any 7th gen manual owners out there willing to enlighten us auto owners on the range you guys are getting?
    "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    i got a manual and i was getting around the 600 mark. nearly all of my driving is constant., and i usually shift at 2k.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by bo279 View Post
    maybe u guys do more city driving than the others. i've noticed if i do more freeway/motorway driving, the fuel consumption is better. but if im in traffic alot, the consumption is higher.
    you're right bo279
    i give my 7th gen a caning on the freeways and stuff and usually get 450+ km per tank, high 400s, sometimes very close to 500km

i think as it gets older there is less friction on the engine internals and so it 'moves better' (you know what i mean) and doesn't consume as much oil/petrol. all of course assuming you service it regularly

i don't think it's fair to compare manual and auto 7th gens cause you are always going to get better mileage from the manual. it's like what one guy said a few pages back - just shift around 2000rpm and you will get 600km (see above post!)

You guys aren't alone. Mine is also auto and only manage to achieve 430-450km per tank and that is changing gears at 3000 rpm.

It's a shame however there is not after market parts for the ES1.
    JDM - Way of Life?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    well, maybe its not meant to be modded :P

i know in Malaysia from the Temple of VTEC site for the ES model they bought out an RS or RX model, limited edition
    http://asia.vtec.net/article/CivicRX/
    http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/20CivicRev/
    http://asia.vtec.net/beystock/Civic/art11/index.html

OEM installation of K20A/5 spd auto into ES shape looks pretty good huh?
    Last edited by 7th Gen; 06-11-2008 at 10:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    i wish they had that here

Member Array
    Car:
    CIVIC
    i get roughly 450km for about 38L of fuel. I usually pump unleaded and once a month pump V power or BP ultimate.

Btw, Riced_Civic, where did you get your front grill for your es civic? i'm looking for one