Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    epic post
    lol.

the first post in that thread wasn't aimed at anyone in this thread... it's in a way a reply to another thread a few months back some people just kept arguing a stupid point.

yeah the varex is cool i want one.. but at ~$400 a piece + installation then having to source a stock muffler after the muffler shop chucks yours out is a pain in the arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    no it won't because any "non-fixed" silencers are not legal.. same reason N1 silencers on cannons are instant fail. and i do know this for a fact because i enquired about this thoroughly and was shown the regulations at 1 of only 2 centres in NSW that can pass you now for noise.
    Sad because Ferraris and BMW X5's have a similar variable muffler system stock, and are allowed to be sold here! Look up the rear of an X5, and you'll see that one tip is closed off. you can even see the valve mechanism underneath the tip!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Sad because Ferraris and BMW X5's have a similar variable muffler system stock, and are allowed to be sold here! Look up the rear of an X5, and you'll see that one tip is closed off. you can even see the valve mechanism underneath the tip!
    Cars to be ADR compliant come as a package though before they are allowed to be sold in vloume... i'm pretty sure their variable system is automatic though and still pass legal limits.

A varex on full sing is just like any other cannon. FYI to anyone here, most fully stock 4cyls with nothing more than a cannon at the end get around ~106dB and yes i've seen the paperwork and testing personally. I saw paperwork for a 4age corolla at 103dB and a DC2 vtir at 106dB

also apparently DC5 muffler has some sort of bypass, would love to get my hands on one to replace the dc2r one i have:
    http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1025325

Last edited by dsp26; 05-11-2008 at 01:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    Cars to be ADR compliant come as a package though before they are allowed to be sold in vloume... i'm pretty sure their variable system is automatic though and still pass legal limits.

A varex on full sing is just like any other cannon. FYI to anyone here, most fully stock 4cyls with nothing more than a cannon at the end get around ~106dB and yes i've seen the paperwork and testing personally. I saw paperwork for a 4age corolla at 103dB and a DC2 vtir at 106dB
    also apparently DC5 muffler has some sort of bypass, would love to get my hands on one to replace the dc2r one i have:
    http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1025325

I see I see.
    Well good to see no one has brang any negative experiences with the varex.
    from what ive seen and read, quality of these products looks promising..

So you think fully open with catback+extractor it would be over legal limit by that much?
    if it helps im getting the oval tip, not the cannon stlye...

Member Array
    Car:
    bb6 Type S
    its worth remembering that although something like a Varex may not pass a noise test, the idea of having the ability to make it quiet is so you don't get pulled up in the first place

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    They wont past a noise test if a copper actually notices that they have a butterfly flap as well!

Its pretty hard to pick unless you look right down the muffler
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Nice design.