Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, BB6, AP1

Recalibrating Speedo

Ok i think my speedo is out because eevrything i speed past a camera, i never get caught. It seems that my car i slower then what the speedo says. Where do i go to get this fixed and how much approx? In Brisbane preferred.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    hondas are calibrated 5km slower than the reading

Quote Originally Posted by jimmeh
    hondas are calibrated 5km slower than the reading
    Really??! Can anyone else confirm this?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    well at least civics and CRXs are, but I dont want yall thinking you can drive faster coz its out, and blame us when you get a fine,

its a fine line when driving with a acurate speedo.

My CRX is -7 kms out, when driving side by side with my mate with a ex cop car with digital readout. and - 5 kms out according to the PGMFI tester

they can be recalibrated.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, BB6, AP1
    yeah, well when you lower a car or change different tyres specs etc it also puts the speedo out of wack doesn it.

What type of shops do i go to, to correct the problem or how much i should expect to pay.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    you need to check with instrumentation calibration places. they probably would charg you 1 hours labour if you took your cluster to them, hoever if they have to remove it it would cost more.

and yes rolling diammeter of your tyre makes a difference, but with stockies there out.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 VTI CIVIC, 72 RX2 13BT
    u can buy a jaycar kit that lets u adjust it your self incase u go different wheels again. its about 40$ i think

Member Array
    Car:
    EKFOUR, GSXR750
    my civic reads 10ks over, even tho it is on the original rims and profile size. This means it is reving just under 4k at 105kmh. Dont really know what the problem is there, as final drives and gearing are stock.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    dotn most cars read over?
    i've seen in in a variety of cars on those speed check thingys on the hum hwy etc
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    -
    Most cars read slightly less than there acctual speed. Final drive ratio changes, overall rolling diameter changes all will change the accuratness of your speedo. Any workshop with a dyno can easily re-calibrate your speedo.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    Most GPS devices can give a speed reading, does anyone know how accurate these are?

I'd assume best for highway driving as they would have to use a number of samples???

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Quote Originally Posted by liberx
    Most GPS devices can give a speed reading, does anyone know how accurate these are?

I'd assume best for highway driving as they would have to use a number of samples???
    GPS is extreemly accurate for speed measurment. The only limitation is that you need to be driving in a straight line, along a flat road. If you start going around the corner the GPS will indicate a lower speed than actual, because it assumes a straight line between samples. Going over a hill the GPS will not measure change in altitude accuratley, and most units do not factor altitude into the speed calculation anyway. However for highway driving it is brilliant. It is always good to know your actual speed, not some conservative crap from the car speedo