Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What type of kit did you get ?
    The brand is called "acumen"

here is a pic for ya...

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    euro seem pretty bright when you're driving infront of them. I seen most euro low beam spread out pretty far, but still not bright enuff?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord Euro Lux!
    Quote Originally Posted by -h2n-
    The brand is called "acumen"

here is a pic for ya...

Looking very Sets it of really well with the white euro as well! How do I go about getting a set of thoese HID's ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    Hey H2N

What are you using for bulbs in your fog lights? And what size/watt are they?

What are you using for bulbs in your fog lights? And what size/watt are they?
    Actually they're just the standard factory bulbs. My camera makes them look whiter than they really are. From recollection I think the foggies are H11.

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP

Thumbs up Opinion and Pics

REV888 you've a right to chuck a stink! Your Honda service centre fed you a load of BS.

Right, for all you STD Euro owners out there such as myself here's what I've learn't and done today with regards to replacing the stock globes.

1st - Go to Autobarn or any other place that sells Hella headlight bulbs, and buy a double blister pack (one pack if just replacing Low Beam's, two if replacing high beams as well) of H1 Hella Premium 50+ Bulbs with Part Number: CX1255BL2. They retail at $29.99.

2nd - (this is the great bit) Hella don't make their own bulbs, they buy batchs from the other manufactures and package them as their own. If you find a pack where the tip of the bulb is blue you are actually buying Philips Vision Plus bulbs with the exact same part number as the ones in the $20 more expensive Philips packaging. Just look at the part number etched on the base of the actual bulb and you'll find it's 12258VP. Now look at the Philips packaged originals....exactly the same part number.

If you find a pack without the blue tipped bulbs, never fear you're actually buying OSRAM Silverstar bulbs with Part Number 64150SVS etched on the base for verification.

So I bought a pack of Philips Vision Plus for $29.99 and a pack of Osram Silverstars also for $29.99. That's a bargain if you ask me.

3rd - Replacing them is a cinch, and if you follow the simple steps in the owners manual you won't go wrong. Just make sure not to touch the glass of the bulb and orientate the bulb so the chamfered edge of the base is as shown in the owners manual illustration. You might also need to use one hand to support the bulb once you've got it located, and the other to lift and lock the wire retaining clip.

4th - (As I found out) the OEM bulb's already fitted are from Phillips with PN: 12258LL

I tried both Vision Plus and Silverstar in the right side low beam head lamp, and it's not really a huge deal brighter than the stock bulb's but is whiter and sharper. Plus it gives you that nice intense bright whitish blue hotspot when you lok directly at it and move your sighting position a little.

The Silverstars I found were fractionally slightly less white/blue or intense, and I mean by a bees d***, but that could just be me. So I installed the Vision Plus in the Low Beam, and the Silverstar in the High Beam.

I must say I'm quite happy with the results. Yes it's not HID, but it's given the lights a nicely whiter and sharper appearance, plus illuminates a little more of the side of the road.

When I ran +50's on the right and standard on the left I really couldn't tell too much of a difference in how far the light was thrown. That however could simply be a matter of aiming as the nearside lights are aimed higher than the farside as you all know.

Philips Vision Plus in drivers side (left of pic) Low Beam. As you can see the OEM Philips 12258LL have much more 'yellow' to them.

Philips Vision Plus Low Beam Drivers side (I reversed so I was pointing into the direction of traffic) as that direction is darker.

Osram/Sylvania Silverstar on the left

Vision Plus LB and Silverstar HB on the left

Both sides upgraded to Vision Plus in the Low Beam, and Silverstar in the High Beam. Fogs are standard OEM.

Drivers view with all on. Garmin GPSMap 60CS on the dash.

As per previous but tighter. Fence posts on the right are approximately 5m apart I think.

And yes my eyes are still a little sore from all that light!

I hope that's of some help

Cheers,

Matell

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1, CL9
    thx for da info Matell...

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord Euro Lux!
    Matel Thanks for the info mate! Great post will try to fit my philips vison + again myself.

Great shots.

Cheers,

REV888

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Great pics Matell!

I thought the low beams on the euro were pretty great actually. They are about twice as bright as the high beams on my N13 pulsar work hack. I have changed my high beams on the euro to the OSRAM silverstars +50, and I think they have made a bit of a difference.

The biggest difference I think you can get is adjust your headlights! You get so much more distance and better performance out of them. no good fitting new bulbs when they aren't adjusted properly.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    One of the best posts ive seen on here

Well done
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    Yeah I have to agree with you Type R+, I stepped up to the Euro from a JB Camira and I thought the low beams were fantastic!. However I'd read the posts here and on other forums for complaints/gripes as such and I thought instead of just pondering the difference an upgrade in bulb might make, I'd just go ahead and do it. As I mentioned I do find the Vision + and Silverstars to be a very slight improvement on the stock Philips bulbs, but not huge like upgrading to HID's would be. I do think they'll look nice in the rearview mirror of the car I'm bearing down on at night that's doing 10 under the limit!

I've contemplated re-aiming the lights a little higher, so as my 20k service is coming up in a week I'll ask the guys if they can check the aiming and possibly aim them a little higher within the bounds of the legal limits. If they won't I'll just do it myself.

Oh and I measured out the distance between the fence posts in the last pic yesterday (3m between pots), and worked out from the higher res original that the lights being thrown about 125m's. Wish I'd done that fist with the OEM globes!

Cheers!