Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Member Array
    Car:
    32 GTR, CL9 Lux
    I had a 98 tiptronic lude who i passed onto my brother, bought it with 86k on the clock, now has 120k, hasnt missed a beat yet! Going strong as ever.
    - 98' Prelude (Sold)
    - 01' RX7 S8 (Sold)
    - 99' JDM S15 (Sold)
    - 93' GTR R32
    - 07' CL9 Lux

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Has anyone noticed the Prelude section is baron and Moderator (specific) less?

YF HTFU get on your plane GO!
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicSi View Post
    Your Father, there's a bunch of Prelude owners on here and all of us are saying the same thing... The problems with the auto box in the pre 99 5th Gens are no more common than on any other automatic model car....
    I agree, I have read thorugh many sources (PA, PP, PO) that the auto boxes do tend to f*ck up more often than the +99 ones...

(I have a 5th gen vti-R manual... i love her...)

Quote Originally Posted by CivicSi View Post
    Don't be a ****ing tool about it.. Do you seriously think that because your a member on a ****ing car forum that your better than someone, or have more knowledge on a certain topic... ****ing douche
    I have respect for yourfather and I think everyone should just forget about what he said...

Member Array
    Car:
    BB6 Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Petronas View Post
    I agree, I have read thorugh many sources (PA, PP, PO) that the auto boxes do tend to f*ck up more often than the +99 ones...
    BUt like I said, have you heard of one failing locally? The only one I've heard of was in an early H22 Accord, and when I spoke to the owner about it, I asked about the service records. His responce was "service...records?" Apparantly nobody told him that his obligations were more than filling the tank with petrol.
    "The sign of a good quote is that it has inverted commas at each end"
    -Shaun Micallef

Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Brash22 View Post
    BUt like I said, have you heard of one failing locally? The only one I've heard of was in an early H22 Accord, and when I spoke to the owner about it, I asked about the service records. His responce was "service...records?" Apparantly nobody told him that his obligations were more than filling the tank with petrol.
    I have herd of a couple failing in the US... And they are the same tranny and made in the same plant I think so I imagine it effects AUDM cars as much as JDM, EDM and USDM derived Preludes...?

Member Array
    Car:
    99 vtir prelude
    prelude aus is gay jst like its mod hahaha :P

ozhonda > pa

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better info and help here, it only turned to shit when the pa mod stepped in lOl

so in the end did you purcahse teh car ozmikeli??
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    I reckon there should be a right lane, a middle lane, a left lane and a Nikki lane.....
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    look at its headlights.

if its pupils have gone massive, you know its pinging
    >_<"

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Quote Originally Posted by Brash22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Petronas View Post
    I have herd of a couple failing in the US... And they are the same tranny and made in the same plant I think so I imagine it effects AUDM cars as much as JDM, EDM and USDM derived Preludes...?
    My old boss had one fail on him, and it was just after he bought the car (im in Melbourne). 2k down the hole, was a 1997 VTi-R and then a friend of a friend with a 99 VTi-R in Sydney had the same problem.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    i've seen 4-5 auto prelude vtir trans fail in south east melbourne in the last 3 years, which is certainly worse than the average honda auto but is certainly not as bad as 98 accords, hrvs, 1st gen jazz etc

another thing when buying a h22a prelude is to confirm the cambelt+balance belt replacement history. if you are unsure CHANGE it as i've seen a 3 overdue belts snap in the last few years
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    i've seen 4-5 auto prelude vtir trans fail in south east melbourne in the last 3 years, which is certainly worse than the average honda auto but is certainly not as bad as 98 accords, hrvs, 1st gen jazz etc

another thing when buying a h22a prelude is to confirm the cambelt+balance belt replacement history. if you are unsure CHANGE it as i've seen a 3 overdue belts snap in the last few years
    Thanks panda,

proof from someone who works at a Honda dealer that the prelude VTi-R trannies fail.

As opposed to a bus driver from adelaide who thinks he knows everything because he owns one.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude
    ^You thought you knew everything because you have a high post count and heard some stuff from your aunts brothers sisters uncle
    Back on topic, i frequent the Prelude specific Prelude Australia website regularly and despite talk of the supposed "failing" of V-TIR boxes i am yet to hear of one happening to a Prelude owner. I am just recounting my opinion and and what i have heard (much like yourfather) but i wont go abusing people who disagree with what i say. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. But abusin people for their opinion is just not on.

My mates one just ****ed up on him.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i