Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2R

Need advice on quality speaker system minus sub

Hi Guys,
    I need some help on what speakers to purchase that will provide me great bass and quality when I turn them up. I've decided not to op for a sub in the boot..
    Currently looking for splits, front & rear speakers plus amp.
    My budget is 2k.

Thanks in advance.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    dynaudio MK =)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2R
    lol, can you provide more insight on what speakers/amp that your suggesting. exp. product link?

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    mb quarts splits for fronts (model number i using is dse216 and its clear as), for rears maybe 6x9 components. I know mb quarts make them but not sure on how good they are. should be able to get both sets of speakers for around 500

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2R
    what 6x9 you guys suggest that will provide enough bass nearly equal to a sub in the boot?

thanks gach2, ill go & check those splits out.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    with a 2k budget you can afford their reference & premium range. look into those too.

no 6x9s are gonna match the efficiency of a sub. maybe have em in an enclosure if you plan to go for em.

grab some SD'ing too

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by arverson View Post
    with a 2k budget you can afford their reference & premium range. look into those too.

no 6x9s are gonna match the efficiency of a sub. maybe have em in an enclosure if you plan to go for em.

grab some SD'ing too
    Can you tell me where I can find these at a reasonable price?

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    if your from northcote vic try freeway, tower & stylyn. they all have mb in stock

or did you mean the SD??
    Last edited by arverson; 10-11-2008 at 08:46 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    if your not opting for a sub, look into the digital designs component 6 x 9's.... they have the same magnet and motor structure of one of their 10" woofers, and from all accounts damn near play like one too

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    MB Quart Reference 6.5" Splits and 6*9's for the rear or equivilant (just my recommendation). The only real way your going to get bass without a sub is by Amping 6*9's which use the boot as an "enclosure". Honda's (excluding newer cars and euro's) are quite poorly designed when it comes to Audio and ICE (In Car Entertainment).

Quote Originally Posted by euro_tr4sh View Post
    if your not opting for a sub, look into the digital designs component 6 x 9's.... they have the same magnet and motor structure of one of their 10" woofers, and from all accounts damn near play like one too
    If they are designed to produce that low a sound frequency so predominantly I couldn't imagine their high/mid range would perform very well.
    Last edited by Sp00ny; 11-11-2008 at 08:43 PM.
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2R
    Because i drive a type r, i want the car light as possible hence the reason why im not opting for a sub. I'm going to check out the MB Quart next week and see what my options are.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    There are many speakers out there that will do the job good. What area's you should be concentrating on are Amplification, Equalization and Sound Deadening.

No matter how great the speakers you buy are, if you don't get these 3 right, you'll have a average result.

If you concentrated on these 3 things and used a cheaper set of speakers, your result would be better then spending big bucks on top brand speakers.

Amps - 4 x 100W RMS minimum $350+
    Eq - Mid - High End Deck (eg Pioneer, Alpine and Kenwood would do) $400+
    Sound Deadening - $200+

These 3 should take up $1K Easy.

Then with the remaining budget buy the best you can.

Hope this helps.

I have done the same thing with the Misses Civic 2001 Ep hatch. No sub but I have a lot of bass. No 6x9s Either. You should come check it out one time for a demo.