Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    OK, just phoned Hayman Reece.

The person I spoke to said the kit for the Euro (Part #2008) is a bolt on kit and includes towbar, flat tongue, lugs and bolts, and ball.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Sweet. i just emailed the 2 local guys for pricing. ill order the loom from Hinda. cheers
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04' Accord Euro
    Suntzu: That is a HR towbar.

Installation wise, i didnt pay much attention when it was being installed but i do know he removed the rear bar to do the installation (maybe it made it easier?). And it took all up about an hour.

Wiring (about the only part i dont like about my installation) is done by splicing the wires right behind the tail light and then covering it up with electrical tape. Its a bit messy but you only notice it when you change a rear bulb anyway. Getting the OEM loom would be a great idea.

If you guys want more detailed pics of the underbody to help you with your DIY install ill pull out the DSLR and take some pics when it stops raining.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Geez...for $225 installed why would you bother diy?

Maybe a little more now, mine was fitted last year.

Just phone around 4 a good price including installation.
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin086 View Post
    Geez...for $225 installed why would you bother diy?

Maybe a little more now, mine was fitted last year.

Just phone around 4 a good price including installation.
    $225 is VERY cheap. Best price i've got so far was from TJM, $343 for the kit or $428 fitted.

Quite frankly, I don't trust anyone but myself working on my car. I might sound a bit picky, but i've had bad experiences in the past, and plus, I enjoy it

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Oops, what am I thinking of.....

....sorry, it was $300 fitted.
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    Sweet. i just emailed the 2 local guys for pricing. ill order the loom from Hinda. cheers
    Hey Suntzu, just wondering if you ended up getting your tow bar fitted? Something (Christmas) came up last month and I had to spend my tow bar money, but i'm ready to purchase again.

I've bought the OEM wiring harness ($50), but i've found it really isn't designed to run through the boot lid (it has a rubber grommet, and some protective loom already fitted to the harness). I'm thinking i'll install it as intended, but try to conceal the socket as much as possible.

As for the bar, i'm still undecided whether to go HR or OEM . I just spoke to my local HR dealer (Aranda) and the guy there said to do a proper install, you do need to cut the rear bar a small amount. He suggested that if you don't, you can have trouble with the boot not shutting properly and the bar will remain bowed up if you take the towbar off.

I think i'll probably end up going with the HR bar anyway ($320 vs. $469).

Towbar fitted

Spent a lazy couple hours this arvo fitting my towbar, for those that are interested, here's some photos.

As you can see, I cut the bumper, but it fits real nice. With the hitch off, you can hardly notice the towbar's there.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    very nice!

can i ask which towbar you got? i looked on the hayman reese website and it looks like there are two different ones for the euro.

1. HONDA 06/2003-05/06 +1991 Accord Euro Sedan (C) (Use part number 2008) $331.00 1200/120

2. HONDA 06/2003-02/2008 2008 Accord & Accord Euro (C) $343.00 1200/120

also, where does the wiring harness sit near the tongue of the towbar? is it fitted still somewhere or does it just hang there and move around?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 WRX WRP10
    I have a Tow setup i ripped off of my 2003 Euro im keen to get rid off if anyone is keen? make an offer

BTW the tongue would be on the other end when on the car , i don't know why i put it on the wrong end :S

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    what brand is it? and does it come with all the nuts and bolts?

edit: lismore? lol...damn!
    Last edited by corn_flakes; 10-09-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 WRX WRP10
    Everything is Honda except maybe the tongue and towball. yeah im 2 hours south of Brisbane. i think the bolts are either in the garage or still on the car :S lol