Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe

window came out of railing =/

it's an ej8... the window on the dirvers side came out of the rrailing... apparently it's a bit of a common problem with the coupes.

ok i made that up. i dont know anyone else who's got this problem... im just wondering how much it'll cost to get it done? i've opened up the panels myself but everytime i close 'em back up and wind the window down, the bastard just keeps on comin out.

how much would something like that cost?
    i'm heaps cool

Member Array
    sounds like theres a loose end or linki with the railings
    i suggest u open it up and find it ,
    you could be able to fix it yourself

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK
    open it up and put a bit of glue so it doesnt come off that rail

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R - S2000
    i had the same problem on my ej. annoying as hell. best thing to do is to do it yourself. its the regulator in the door thats bent and will need to be taken out and bent back to place. after that it shouldnt fall out of the railings anymore. then pull the railings tight against the glass on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    open it up and put a bit of glue so it doesnt come off that rail
    Glue?!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK View Post
    it's an ej8... the window on the dirvers side came out of the rrailing... apparently it's a bit of a common problem with the coupes.

ok i made that up. i dont know anyone else who's got this problem... im just wondering how much it'll cost to get it done? i've opened up the panels myself but everytime i close 'em back up and wind the window down, the bastard just keeps on comin out.

how much would something like that cost?
    panel beater would charge something like $50 to fix it, they would take the window out and have it set back into the two plastic pieces that line up on the window regulator. There is no rails on the electric regulators that hold the window into place, only two plastic pieces that are fixed to the window. Sounds like a bolt has come out or the glue has failed. Window reg failure is a common problem lol

if you were in Brisbane I'd help, Ive replaced 3 regs in my passenger door and 1 in the drivers door, very bad design and we have narrowed it down to the rubber on the door having too much pressure as well as the shape of the regulator. I just bring it down carefully
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 18-11-2008 at 01:17 PM.
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    its cos of your wing
    Ctrl + W

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    thanks guys

i think ill take it to a panel beater hay ...if its only $50

alex get out of my threads u fag
    i'm heaps cool

Could even try a DIY. It's pretty simple. Shame about the old windows being held on by those plastic pieces. Maybe 2 small nut and bolts, or are those plastic pieces which hold the window fixed on?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1.6LCIV View Post
    panel beater would charge something like $50 to fix it, they would take the window out and have it set back into the two plastic pieces that line up on the window regulator. There is no rails on the electric regulators that hold the window into place, only two plastic pieces that are fixed to the window. Sounds like a bolt has come out or the glue has failed. Window reg failure is a common problem lol

if you were in Brisbane I'd help, Ive replaced 3 regs in my passenger door and 1 in the drivers door, very bad design and we have narrowed it down to the rubber on the door having too much pressure as well as the shape of the regulator. I just bring it down carefully

correct. my mates window came out the same way and is jammed, because the two plastic bits snapped.
    ++ mrwillz fan club ++

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by munkaii View Post
    Could even try a DIY. It's pretty simple. Shame about the old windows being held on by those plastic pieces. Maybe 2 small nut and bolts, or are those plastic pieces which hold the window fixed on?
    It is simple but if the tags were to come off, it's a pain to have them line up again (black sykaflex ftw), been there before as the motors were continuing to die prematurely (ended up trading the stock window at the wreckers for another as the clips were in a slightly diff spot, and in doing so made the window slide better) there was no way I was going to spend ($xxx) amount of money on new window seals at Honda, lol.
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Once you get it fixed, it's a good idea to lubricate the window guides regularly.

This will stop the window from jamming and jumping off the rails, as well as make raising and lowering the window easier.

I recommend using dry-lube spray or anything with PTFE (teflon based) really. The dry lube will stop dust and dirt from sticking to it. Just be careful not to get it on your panels or black plastic or rubber moulds as it creates a slight glossy stain.
    FN2R