Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    im wondering what is the best volume for the JL w7 12" in sealed and ported.. i heard my friend said it need to be very big to maximize its performance.. =)
    12W7 needs 1.375 cu. ft. / 38.94 liters sealed enclosure to achive Qtc of 0.792.

I will make it slightly bigger then that to lower the Qtc more.... 1.4cu.ft is not that huge... its big, but I dont consider it very big...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    yeah.. i tried 1.375 on my previous car.. not the civic.. hehe.. becoz my previous ar is quite small.. now planning to try on this civic as the rear side have big space.. so thinking to enlarge it.. so u using it? thanks..

make it to 1.4cu^ft, put a deflex pad behind the sub, add some polyfill or accoustic sponge... and oooo la la......

No I am not using it.... used to have a 12W0 long time ago, planing to get 12W6v or the new TW5 with the new HD amp... waiting to see more reviews before deciding. It does not justify for me to spend so much to get the w7 due to the very minimal SQ improvement over the w6, however if you want it loud, then its okay.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    nono.. sq fans here.. hehe.. what HD amp u mean? from JL?

anyway.. TW5 have good reviews.. but never have chance to audit it.. hehe.. but is that made in china?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    if ur trying to choose which then it depends more on what type of music u listen to:-

ported has better doof-doof bass lines and suit rnb more
    sealed has a more punchy sound to it but can be better for dance music