Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Limo View Post
    yeh that james. the 14k was to get your car ADR approved (this was years ago) epa should be ~700, eng is ~500 for the cert+what ever else he has to do. i dont think there is any other way to get your car properly registered with turbo etc cos we dont have "mod plates" like in other states.
    James spent 14k to get Hondata ADR approved. So he did the hard work so u can engineer any car with hondata. without an EPA test.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq View Post
    James spent 14k to get Hondata ADR approved. So he did the hard work so u can engineer any car with hondata. without an EPA test.
    Not on an S300 it wouldn't be. To be able to do that you have to supply a locked ECU that contains a tune for a specific setup. If you change any part of that setup then it is no longer approved. I cannot see it being the case.

You can get it approved with a test but otherwise I highly doubt it unless you run the same headers, same exhaust, same intake, same everything down to the brands.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    Not on an S300 it wouldn't be. To be able to do that you have to supply a locked ECU that contains a tune for a specific setup. If you change any part of that setup then it is no longer approved. I cannot see it being the case.

You can get it approved with a test but otherwise I highly doubt it unless you run the same headers, same exhaust, same intake, same everything down to the brands.
    s100 and s200 is. not the s300. as long as its been tuned by authorised tuner, and yes, it needs to be locked. email james if u want verification.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

>.< i dont understand at all when i finished reading this post.....

In QLD , if my car is turbo , do i need to get that engineer cert in order to avoid police? if so, how and how much and where