Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Crystal and Diamond Vision are not HID bulbs though?!?
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Nope they are not HID, just standard gas discharge...

PumZ, My friend's STi uses the Diamond Vision and it's seriously whiter and brighter than my Crystal Vision...

Mine's not too bad, but I think it has something to do with the Euro Projector style lens....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

The Accord Euro Luxury has 4500k HID's standard... i was wondering if changing to like 8000k HID would involve more then just changing the bulb?? Must the ballasts and wires be changed as well?? Can anybody enlighten me on this topic...
    I had my standard halogens converted to 8000k HID and when I did, the guy at the shop that I bought them from said that you can't use 8000k bulbs on a ballast meant for 4500k bulbs... cuz I was thinking of upgrading to that first and change the bulb to 8000k later if necessary... but apparently it doesn't work that way.... go figure!!

Anyway, go for the 8000k. I think it will go really well with your body kit... noice!!

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Henry wats ur light output on the 8000k HID... Is the road still very clear like the standard HID's on the euro?? Or is it much worse?? The standard HID's lights up the road very well...

Well if the light output is much less on a 8000k i aint gonna change it just for the bright blue/purple effect...

Henry wats ur light output on the 8000k HID... Is the road still very clear like the standard HID's on the euro?? Or is it much worse?? The standard HID's lights up the road very well...
    How can I describe it to you? MUCH MUCH brighter than standard halogens (can't compare to factory HID cuz I never had them). The linemarking on the road is virtually glowing at night and the road is lit up much much further than with any other car I've driven. Highway driving is a cruise at night cause you can see so much further... I can go on and on...

It's up to you dude... if you want good lighting without the bling factor then stick with your factory HID.
    But why are we even thinking of this mod if not for the bling factor??

Quote Originally Posted by Pum[Z]
    Are the Diamond Vision any good Nick???
    Probably gives it a more blueish tinge to it...
    sourced this from the autobarn web site...
    both r halogen bulbs... and both have reduced light output than standard globes

Crystal Vision Performance Globes
    CrystalVision is a very white light with a colour temperature of 4300K. The amount of light output is slightly less than that of a standard globe but is much whiter / bluish. Gives a definite blue appearance when you look into the headlight lens.

Diamond Vision Performance Globes
    DiamondVision is the ultimate blue light with a colour temperature of 5000K. The amount of light output is reduced compared to a standard globe but provides that incredible blue/white light. Gives a strong blue appearance when you look into the headlight lens.
    Last edited by ^^v; 02-02-2005 at 08:17 PM.