Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC2R's.....

DC2R's.....

i currently own a highly-modified S15 but will be looking to buy a cheaper car for business ventures.

anyway, thinkin a lot about a type R... is there any major things i should look out for when inspecting one?? its just that im not very experienced with VTEC or N/A cars for that matter....

any feedback, advice, assistance would be great

cheers

howdy.

Someone posted a similar question a while ago. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...c2r+inspecting

Hope it helps

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Typical body work is maybe the only thing you need to look for. Other than that, inspect the log books and you'll know you got a good one if it's been serviced every 5000 kms. All performance cars are thrashed, but if its well maintained (every 5K kms) then you don't need to worry too much about a Honda engine.

Start the engine and listen to it... drive it a bit hard, then listen to the engine again and see if you can hear anything "funny"...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    At least you pronounced VTEC correctly!!.

Anyways where are you located?

Im sure a fellow Ozhonda member who knows a fair amount about dc2rs will come along to help u look at one if you buy them a big meal or something.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    Do a little search theres been the same topic bout 5 times in the pass few months. Btw I don't see a type R a cheap business car roughly 25 26k. Should get a lil civic as a daily car. Cheapo and cheaer on fuel.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    i wouldnt recommend a Type R as a daily driver...very uncomfortable...for weekends and going out yes...but for daily business driving no...something more practical like a civic or jazz would be good...keep the s15 for weekend purposes

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    nar.. dc2r can de driven as a daily car.... its up to the individual whether they mind it or not. Purchasing a type r is nothing diff. from buy any other car... a turbo car would be alot more diff. to check and there are alot more things that could go wrong in a turbo car than a honda. And we all know why this.. Hondas are better build and quality.

i will lend you my R expertise LOL... a big Mac should do the trick for payment...

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3-R
    get a toyota celica ZR hehe
    BBC/IC

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    My friend have fully mods Civic. His daily car is BMW E46. I think BMW is a good choice for you.
    Last edited by edw-R; 04-02-2005 at 04:11 PM.

well my S15 is getting less and less practical everyday...... plus i need the money for a commercial property so looking to buy somethin within the 25K range....

ive never been told that a type r is uncomfortable?? why is that? cos everything shakes?

NOOO... its not uncomfortable at all... yikes... please do not get the wrong idea... if you drive a modified S15 you should be used to a little cabin noise and a harsher ride... it really is quite a good compromise...

easily find an R for ard 25K... much bargaining to be had...