Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic

Alpine pdx 1.1000 mono amp

As many of you may not know if you have an Alpine PDX 1.1000 mono amp you can uprate the 4 fuses to 30amp fuses instead on the 25amp fuses you get, ONLY NEEDED IF RUNING THE AMP AT 2OHM.
    Direct words from the alpine rep i deal with as it pops the 25amp fuses with ease at 2ohm.
    ONLY FOR THE ALPINE PDX 1.1000 AMPLIFIER RUNNING A 2OHM LOAD
    Any questions let me know

This information is just a guide, i will not be held responsible for anything by anyone that incorrectly uses this information.
    Last edited by B18cEG; 02-01-2009 at 01:17 PM.
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Member Array
    Car:
    CE Lancer
    Ok im going to be the first person to say this but by posting this you may have created a nice new dead stereo market for people that "THINK" they know.

This kinda info is best kept until someone posts that they have an issue because now every guy with an alpine amp is going to try this.

I know that you posted:
    ONLY NEEDED IF RUNING THE AMP AT 2OHM.
    But remember these are forums where we get asked the same question OVER AND OVER AND OVER again even if they have the info right there in front of them.

Just something to be mindful of in the future.
    See a good post? - PQ it

What is it that keeps drawing me back to Hondas??

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    lolwut

So in short this thread is for upgrading a amp and helping it run better?

amidoinitrite?

/caraudionubbetree
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by shogunovddrk View Post
    lolwut

so in short this thread is for upgrading a amp and helping it run better?

Amidoinitrite?

/caraudionubbetree
    yes but only for the pdx 1.1000 when run at 2ohm!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Why thank ya'll for clearin' that up

/Southern Bell
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    CE Lancer
    Good update to the first post
    See a good post? - PQ it

What is it that keeps drawing me back to Hondas??

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    just gonna throw this out there

i ran a 1.1000 at 2ohm off the stock 25 amp fuysez and it didnt blow

its rated at 4ohm and 2ohm to give 1000wrms

they wouldnt rate it at 2ohm if you needed to chage the fuses to 30amp

if you do that, you risk frying the amp and destroying your warranty
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    just gonna throw this out there

i ran a 1.1000 at 2ohm off the stock 25 amp fuysez and it didnt blow

its rated at 4ohm and 2ohm to give 1000wrms

they wouldnt rate it at 2ohm if you needed to chage the fuses to 30amp

if you do that, you risk frying the amp and destroying your warranty
    Just because you didn't blow the fuses doesnt mean the upgrade its not needed, There are other factors that add to it, exact resistance or the woofer or woofers and woofers demand of the power just to add 2, if your not running the amp flat out for maximum power then it may not be needed. Lastly 1. No it will not! fry the amp if run at no lower than 2ohm.
    2. No it does not void your warranty.
    These are not words of my own but directly from alpine themselves, I work with these products every day so i am feed all the issues and feedback directly from alpine.

I dont understand why there is people that feel the need to add there opinion when this is not an opinion issue to begin with, Its just how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by B18cEG View Post
    Just because you didn't blow the fuses doesnt mean the upgrade its not needed,
    If the upgrade was needed, it would come from the factory with it. you dont buy a new car and then get told that you have to upgrade the ecu to keep it running

There are other factors that add to it, exact resistance or the woofer or woofers and woofers demand of the power just to add 2, if your not running the amp flat out for maximum power then it may not be needed.
    i dont see how this affects the need to change the fuses? a sub may have an impedance of 2ohm, when you measure it. but while playing, the resistance will rise due to being in a box, and will fluctuate during playing. dont believe me, go research impedance rise

Lastly 1. No it will not! fry the amp if run at no lower than 2ohm.
    if the amp was able to play at 1ohm, it would be rated at 1ohm. but it is not. it is only rated down to 2ohm. therefore, anything under 3 ohhm is not stable. it will draw too much current. that is why the fuses are 25amp. so that if it tried to draw more than that they will pop. go and throw some 50amp fuses in and run it at 1ohm. it will try to draw more currentt than the amps internals can hold, and out comes the magic smoke

if you destroy an amp because you put increased amperage fuses in, then YES you will void your warranty. if you buy a brand new car and do any sort of performance mods, then blow your engine, your warranty is void.

I dont understand why there is people that feel the need to add there opinion when this is not an opinion issue to begin with, Its just how it is.
    i voiced my opinion because you are giving misleading information. i had an SQ system worth $10,000 that i installed and tuned myself. i know what i am talking about
    to see all of my build, checkout

Just because you didn't blow the fuses doesnt mean the upgrade its not needed, There are other factors that add to it, exact resistance or the woofer or woofers and woofers demand of the power just to add 2, if your not running the amp flat out for maximum power then it may not be needed. Lastly 1. No it will not! fry the amp if run at no lower than 2ohm.
    You my friend, are a retard.

The amp is ONLY 4 or 2 ohm stable. No lower. Loading it lower than 2 ohms will risk damage to the amp. Enough said.

These are not words of my own but directly from alpine themselves, I work with these products every day so i am feed all the issues and feedback directly from alpine.
    Id trust the owners manual over some guy who THINKS he knows what hes talking about...

Also, you are also inferring that putting larger rated fuses on small wire (for example, 100A fuse on 12ga wire (thats only rated to ~30A) is safe.

If you agree that the above is NOT safe, then you are contradicting the advice you have given here.

Yeah, retards like you who recommend this crap, because you THINK your opinion is correct, then poor people listen to retards like you, and damage their equipment because of it.

This information is just a guide, i will not be held responsible for anything by anyone that incorrectly uses this information.
    I like how you edited your first post to not claim responsibility for any damages to equipment. Sounds to me like you arent even sure of the 'advice' you are giving. If you were dead set certain your 'advice' was correct, then there wouldnt be a need for a disclaimer, would there?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Listen to me people, call you local alpine representatives and ask them, Just like in a car you do get recalls as they find new information. in this case they found something to do with the fuse rating in this amp, As i was stating it will not fry the amp if run at no lower than 2ohm, meaning 2 ohm being the lowest!!! And you with the $10000 system, this does not have anything to do with the matter, if u wanna play that game why dont you match me and install a $63,000 stereo system, WTF dont you people understand when i tell you this is what i was told by ALPINE!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    If someone wants to argue with me and prove there point pm me and i will call you.