Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro

Red face Almost happy new owner

Having monitored your site since ordering my new Accord Euro I am glad to say I picked it up on the weekend. I chose the manual baseline model as we already have a Pajero Exceed for the family. Having driven my wifes' 10 year old Ford Festiva for the last few years you can imagine the jump in vehicle quality. Reminds me of my previous cars including a boosted 5 speed VL turbo manual and a Mitsubishi Galant GSR, again manual. All my last few vehicles have been manual and I love "driving".

The downside has been a slight glitch with installation as per the dealer of the optional fog lamps. The leather trim around the steering wheel was loose (I glued it down eventually). Still slight gap around the steering console where the indicator stalk was changed (they will review this). Out of suspicion I further inspected the bumper assembly and found one plastic stud cracked over the radiator cover and underneath the car a loose underbody flap where whoever did the installation had "missed" the hole with the stud that connected the bumper to this flap. I fixed that again myself, though having spoken to the sales manager and delivery manager today they were both very apologetic but admitted they did not inspect the vehicle in detail before handover. They will have everything rechecked at first service (1000km). They are minor issues but it pays to look closely.

Other than that the car itself is "SWEET" and I look forward to getting some quality driving time soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    where did you get it from and what colour??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Tynan Motors Sutherland (Sydney) in Graphite.

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Welcome to Ozhonda...

Another Euro Owner...

Well looks like somebody needs to get fired during pre delivery

Hopefully the dealer where u got the car will fix the problems on ur first service...

So how much did you end up paying for it?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Welcome to OzHonda,
    enjoy the Euro youll love it

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Welcome to the Honda Family!!!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Just an update on my initial woes. Tynan Honda did my first service. They replaced the scratched and slightly damaged bonnet panel completely. They will replace the steering column shroud next week when the part arrives. Everyone has been quite apologetic but its still a bit rough to work out how they could stuff up so many little things with a fog light installation. Makes me think not to ask for optional extras next time. As an aside has anyone noticed a rattle form the centre console cup holder when it is folded flat. Usually over firm bumps. They checked it but found nothing "faulty" with it.

Yup I've notice the cup holder rattles too.

Just don't fold it flat... rattle will be gone

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    To Iraclis:
    welcome to Euro family. I can understand your feeling because I had the similar situation during my 15 months of owning my euro.

It all unfolded after 10000km service. 1stly, they forgot to do wheel balance and rotation as I requested and paid. I only found out when I got home as newer tyres still at rear end. To make things worse, they also scratched my front lip (Highway Honda at Springwood BNE has very steep bump onto their driveway, Mechanics always drive v fast into it when back from road test).

They didn't admit the fault but ended up re-spraying for me, but the finish quality of paint is not up to my standard. Because the genuine Honda body kits I optioned for come in painted from Honda factory, the paint quality and colour is EXACTLY the same as rest of the car. but now....sigh..... it is no longer the original.

Then as the was approaching 20000km, rattling noice from drive's door panels and elbow rest became very noticable, esp on high way or rough bitumen road. Dealer blamed the window tinting people. (Lucky it was down through Honda dealer when I signed the car, otherwise They wont give me a shit). Once again, my Euro was in there for 3 or 4 times just to fix the rattling noice. now it's better, but still playing up occasionally... very annoying. Anyone has similar problem? esp the cars with window tinted?

One last sad news. after the last trip to service department re fixing door rattling noice. They scratched my front lip again..... at that point, I already lost the energy of complaining to them, so I didnt ring them back. If this happen to your car, what will you do?

Now My car is due for 30000km service, maybe I should consider changing to another dealership.

so everyone please give me feedback on your thought about my questions above.
    That would be apprieciated.

Once again, enjoy your Euro! Iraclis.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PNR888
    so everyone please give me feedback on your thought about my questions above.
    That would be apprieciated.
    From what I've heard, Highway Honda at Springwood doesn't have very good reputation for their customer service. I got mine from Austral and although I've only been there for the 1000km service, they've been very good. I have my 10000km service coming up so I'll see how it goes as I also have few rattling problems that needs to be fixed.

As for your scratched lip, if you are certain that they did it, there's no way I would be silent about it. You should ask for the manager and complain directly to him.

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    To Coladuna :
    Thanks for your feedback . I might try other Honda dealer for my 30000km service. Did you buy your car from Austral Honda? do they provide complementery service loan car while your car is in for service?

I am considering putting my previous message in Honda community lounge, so all members (not just Accord owners) can see it.