Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I just installed the topspeed header but there is a slight ringing sound when the engine is rev'd rather than a hiss...not 100% sure. Could this be due to a leak somewhere?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by racerwannabe View Post
    I just installed the topspeed header but there is a slight ringing sound when the engine is rev'd rather than a hiss...not 100% sure. Could this be due to a leak somewhere?
    Do you smell exhaust fumes in the engine bay or where the windscreen plastic cowl is? If you do, check if you used liquid gasket. You should use high temperature liquid gasket where the gasket meets the flanges of the topspeed header because it might not be 100% flat. The cat flange and engine head side don't need liquid gasket because they are very flat.

If there is no exhaust fume smell, then it is the sound of the flex pipe.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Do you smell exhaust fumes in the engine bay or where the windscreen plastic cowl is? If you do, check if you used liquid gasket. You should use high temperature liquid gasket where the gasket meets the flanges of the topspeed header because it might not be 100% flat. The cat flange and engine head side don't need liquid gasket because they are very flat.

If there is no exhaust fume smell, then it is the sound of the flex pipe.
    Thanks Aaron! I will go and check it out now. Another question, if you use the liquid gasket do you still need the gaskets supplied with the headers? Is it better to use both?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by racerwannabe View Post
    Thanks Aaron! I will go and check it out now. Another question, if you use the liquid gasket do you still need the gaskets supplied with the headers? Is it better to use both?
    Yes, you put a line of liquid gasket around the exhaust hole shape on the supplied gasket and then put it on the header. It might be a good idea to use liquid gasket on the cat side of the supplied gasket as well, but you don't really need it on the engine head side.

It will reduce the sound of the ringing if there was a leak, but it won't eliminate it because the Topspeed header's accordion flexpipe design has an inherent ringing sound.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2