Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    this is just me, but i'd trust the manual and the millions of dollars alpine spent on r & d creating the pdx amps over what an industry rep says, i work in the industry and i had an alpine rep telling me i needed the imprint module to run active off the new 9887.... and you dont, he didnt even know his own product... they are an output regulated amp, if its blowing fuses at 2ohm, theres something wrong on your power delivery side or your just cranking the thing to a point that is un-necessary

ps- im also glad to see a pic i made has made it into some ones avatar!! yays

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by euro_tr4sh View Post
    this is just me, but i'd trust the manual and the millions of dollars alpine spent on r & d creating the pdx amps over what an industry rep says, i work in the industry and i had an alpine rep telling me i needed the imprint module to run active off the new 9887.... and you dont, he didnt even know his own product... they are an output regulated amp, if its blowing fuses at 2ohm, theres something wrong on your power delivery side or your just cranking the thing to a point that is un-necessary

ps- im also glad to see a pic i made has made it into some ones avatar!! yays
    who avatar???
    Its a known thing in all the alpine dealers in perth, power delivery is fine, we have monthly alpine meetings with all head staff and reps and alpine tech, for example on that amp the PDX1.600 also uses 4 25amp fuses and that runs ~600rms and the PDX1.1000 also with 4 25amp fuses delivers ~400rms more so see the logic here. also it is only required when runningat 2 ohm because is is pretty much impossible to draw the same current at a 4ohm load and a 2ohm load.
    I myself install on average between $80,000 and $110,000 montly of alpine products alone, and there is another 4 guys working with me so we deal with a really major amount of the alpine products, thus being the reason i think we are so up to date with the feedback.
    Last edited by B18cEG; 15-01-2009 at 11:33 PM.
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    Quote Originally Posted by B18cEG View Post
    example on that amp the PDX1.600 also uses 4 25amp fuses and that runs ~600rms and the PDX1.1000 also with 4 25amp fuses delivers ~400rms more so see the logic here. .
    i guess the alpine design and tech guys musn't of picked that one up, good job well, we'll just have to see how many technically minded people take you up on your word and then wonder why their amps have shat them selves... bye bye warranty, they came with 25 amp fuses for a reason, if you cant comprehend that you really do belong out on the sales floor

peace

ps- you work at one of the alberts right? theyre the major alpine dealer in perth, besides maybe jb but they dont have full time/in house fitters, and if you reckon your doin average 80-100k on alpine alone id say its one of the ones jason still owns, joondalup? mandurah? kelmscott?
    Last edited by euro_tr4sh; 15-01-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by euro_tr4sh View Post
    i guess the alpine design and tech guys musn't of picked that one up, good job well, we'll just have to see how many technically minded people take you up on your word and then wonder why their amps have shat them selves... bye bye warranty, they came with 25 amp fuses for a reason, if you cant comprehend that you really do belong out on the sales floor

peace

ps- you work at one of the alberts right? theyre the major alpine dealer in perth, besides maybe jb but they dont have full time/in house fitters, and if you reckon your doin average 80-100k on alpine alone id say its one of the ones jason still owns, joondalup? mandurah? kelmscott?
    Haha yeah budd, alberts joondalup, as for warranty they still get covered as we had a couple a customer bought in cos he done something with it (self tune maybe) but yes they cover it
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA