Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Gli civic

GAB suspension opinions??

just wandering what people think of Gab adjustible suspension? i bought an EK and came with it

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    I'm pretty sure GAB isnt an independantly produced suspension brand/company. Their parts are most likely a combination of KYB (Kayaba Inc; Japan) and Eibach/Bilstein however their products are Finished in Malaysia. They trade under the name RS-One.

Reliability wise I have heard and seen that they are fairly good. However, when it comes to performance (rebound, compression, stroke, ability to hold up against higher spring rates). I don't think they compete very well against Koni, Tein, Endless, Bilstein, Eibach etc... (the Japanese/American/European finished products).
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    very stiff, very firm

as above - GAB makes aftermarket shocks for a plethora of applications.(the shocks) are not suited for linear rated springs such as coil over springs. Just "road rates" such as eibach etc. Ive heard nothing bad about them.

Quote Originally Posted by jords View Post
    very stiff, very firm
    agree lol....

Gab use kyb for their shocks from memory. I have Gab adjustable on my crx. Very firm. the gab springs were too firm on the back I had to change the back springs (counter-act) as the shocks were for eg/dc2 and crx is a bit lighter.

Here's my thoughts comparing them to what I've used on my cars:

Gab: Generally quite good - except the feel is more of a "bounce" feel
    Tanabe: (not adjustable) coilovers (eg) on dc2. Extremely stiff + firm at first, however with more kms became just right.
    Cusco Zero 2: DC2R on dc2 (with custom apexi springs 16kf 12kr). Cusco is like on another class up from the Gab experience. Damper feel extremely good and very predictable. Absorbs the bumps as opposed to making you feel like your bouncing.
    Zeal Function X: Another class up from the cuscos. Totally comfortable even running reasonably stiff spring rates. Top class.
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey View Post
    agree lol....

Gab use kyb for their shocks from memory. I have Gab adjustable on my crx. Very firm. the gab springs were too firm on the back I had to change the back springs (counter-act) as the shocks were for eg/dc2 and crx is a bit lighter.

Here's my thoughts comparing them to what I've used on my cars:

Gab: Generally quite good - except the feel is more of a "bounce" feel
    Tanabe: (not adjustable) coilovers (eg) on dc2. Extremely stiff + firm at first, however with more kms became just right.
    Cusco Zero 2: DC2R on dc2 (with custom apexi springs 16kf 12kr). Cusco is like on another class up from the Gab experience. Damper feel extremely good and very predictable. Absorbs the bumps as opposed to making you feel like your bouncing.
    Zeal Function X: Another class up from the cuscos. Totally comfortable even running reasonably stiff spring rates. Top class.
    Making such a specific statement about a company that makes a variety of products makes no sense to me. "very stiff" obviously all their products aren't going to be the same. I've been in a car with gab suspension and the ride felt it had lower rates and higher absorbsion shocks than OEM ITR suspension.

Also if the shocks significantly change in dampening effectiveness over time(excluding manual adjustment of course)...thats not good...that's poor valving and manufacturing quality.
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Quote Originally Posted by Sp00ny View Post
    Making such a specific statement about a company that makes a variety of products makes no sense to me. "very stiff" obviously all their products aren't going to be the same. I've been in a car with gab suspension and the ride felt it had lower rates and higher absorbsion shocks than OEM ITR suspension.

Also if the shocks significantly change in dampening effectiveness over time(excluding manual adjustment of course)...thats not good...that's poor valving and manufacturing quality.
    I was referring to my own experience with my shocks, you are reading too much into what I posted. Obviously there are various makes with every manufacturer.
    Last edited by Spunkymonkey; 18-01-2009 at 01:23 PM.
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey View Post
    I was referring to my own experience with my shocks, you are reading too much into what I posted. Obviously there are various makes with every manufacturer.
    lol, sorry should of double quoted. I was referring to the post by jords when talking about very stiff and you about the dampening firmness over time.
    >> Now Known as "Phased"