Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8
    da6 should be 90-93ish but what obd* ? is the half cut, as most da6's were obd0

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by BluEG View Post
    da6 should be 90-93ish but what obd* ? is the half cut, as most da6's were obd0
    I think its odb0

Just one more reason not to buy it
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

Buying an engine

Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    Hey Guys

I've just brought a DA6 B16A DOHC VTec 90,000k complete half cut

I believe this is a JDM version of the B16A...

What are the spec's and are they any difference to the Aussie versions/

Thanks

Luke
    Luke, I don't want to appear to be narky but I can't believe anyone would buy an engine or outlay sizable $$$$ on a half cut and not know what they are buying eg. asking for the specs after purchasing. I would hope that anyone doing same would research the options and then make an informed decision. As I see from the progress of this thread you have run into problems and now want a refund from the seller. Sounds like a "told you so" result. There are several versions of the B16A depending on the donor vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27
    WRONG

As long the motor is in the same emissions bracket ie 89 to 95 has the same emissions standard you can get the motor engineered to be legal
    This is debatable. Generally speaking, the rule in NSW is the engine must be younger than the car its going into. So an engine made in 1989 cannot be fitted to a car with a build date in 1994. But you may have a point about the "family" aspect of the engine; that is, a series like the B16A can be fitted to 92 - 95 Civics. But I'd definitely check with an engineer or two first, and maybe the RTA. You'll probably get a different answer from each one though!

Good luck with your predicament.

Again, my apologies if this sounds bad. I don't mean it that way - just like to think people would avoid such situations by doing their research.

Was it a good deal?

Did the seller respond to your wanting a refund?

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm_b16a View Post
    Luke, I don't want to appear to be narky but I can't believe anyone would buy an engine or outlay sizable $$$$ on a half cut and not know what they are buying eg. asking for the specs after purchasing. I would hope that anyone doing same would research the options and then make an informed decision. As I see from the progress of this thread you have run into problems and now want a refund from the seller. Sounds like a "told you so" result. There are several versions of the B16A depending on the donor vehicle.

This is debatable. Generally speaking, the rule in NSW is the engine must be younger than the car its going into. So an engine made in 1989 cannot be fitted to a car with a build date in 1994. But you may have a point about the "family" aspect of the engine; that is, a series like the B16A can be fitted to 92 - 95 Civics. But I'd definitely check with an engineer or two first, and maybe the RTA. You'll probably get a different answer from each one though!

Good luck with your predicament.

Again, my apologies if this sounds bad. I don't mean it that way - just like to think people would avoid such situations by doing their research.

Was it a good deal?

Did the seller respond to your wanting a refund?

Peter
    Hi Peter

Yeah they advertised it an EG6 B16A half cut but as the sale went on it changed to a Tag D6A B16A

Guy said they were the same but was not so sure so I started this post...

Lucky I did before he shipped it out and lucky all my e-mails to him have EG6 B16A half cut on the title just in case any legal action is required..

He sounds fine though and said he would try to find the half cut I’m after.. wreckers have lots of other wrecker mates lol

Yeah I know quite a bit about D’s but not B’s at the stage but I'll learn lol

Paid by cheque anyway so I'm hopeful I can stop it on Tuesday
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 24-01-2009 at 07:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    okay depending on whether it is a early da6 or face lift da6 they are diff generation b16a s. early da6 are obd0 with a pr3 or pwo ecu and the twin round plugs on the dizzy and all the emission crap on the intake manifold , 10.2 compression ratio(pr3 pistons)also they run the twin single wire o2 sensors.the face lift da6 b16a motors are basically a eg b16a trapped in a da6 body. they are obd1 have same dizzy and intake manifold,cams,pistons(p30),4 wire o2 sensor as a eg6/9 b16a the computer is obd1 but is not a p30(cant remember what ecu it is) but will take the same generation computers ie plug in link ecu as a eg/dc2. note both motors are cable box but the face lift da6 obd1 shares the same clutch spline as a hydro dc2/eg box and can be fitted with a type r clutch. early model da6 obd0 is the same as ef8/9 clutches. i cant speak for australian domestic models the above info is only relevent for those using or looking to import a front cut

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by onnos View Post
    okay depending on whether it is a early da6 or face lift da6 they are diff generation b16a s. early da6 are obd0 with a pr3 or pwo ecu and the twin round plugs on the dizzy and all the emission crap on the intake manifold , 10.2 compression ratio(pr3 pistons)also they run the twin single wire o2 sensors.the face lift da6 b16a motors are basically a eg b16a trapped in a da6 body. they are obd1 have same dizzy and intake manifold,cams,pistons(p30),4 wire o2 sensor as a eg6/9 b16a the computer is obd1 but is not a p30(cant remember what ecu it is) but will take the same generation computers ie plug in link ecu as a eg/dc2. note both motors are cable box but the face lift da6 obd1 shares the same clutch spline as a hydro dc2/eg box and can be fitted with a type r clutch. early model da6 obd0 is the same as ef8/9 clutches. i cant speak for australian domestic models the above info is only relevent for those using or looking to import a front cut
    Thanks for the info

So wounder what yeah this one is?

Has DA6 - 1110229 on the fire wall

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    luke seriously try and get a refund. Sounds like they are taking you for a ride. I'm sure they should be able to tell you the specs without much trouble if they wanted to
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    fuker is yet to give me a refund

Lied about it for 3 days and said it was done too!!

why not just get a new D series and put all your current gear on it.

It will be just as quick as a b16. and alot cheaper too.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    why not just get a new D series and put all your current gear on it.

It will be just as quick as a b16. and alot cheaper too.
    Got the cash YAY

Na picking up a JDM B16A tomorrow

Main thing about the B16's they can take more shit unlike the D16 witch is like class

stock for stock b16 can take more crap, thats for sure.

Good to hear you got your cash back.