Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ITBs or turbo

Quote Originally Posted by JDMWhore View Post
    I agree.. ITB's will give you good bang for your buck but you'll still be spending quite a bit for very little gain.. if you want heaps of gain spend that bit extra and get the turbo kit..
    x2

But if u have to buy all the other stuff to make the ITB produce power then aren't it gonna be the same/more expensive?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '92 lude + Corolla Stivo
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    But if u have to buy all the other stuff to make the ITB produce power then aren't it gonna be the same/more expensive?
    This is true.. ITB's dont do much if your running on stock internals.. as said before new cams and tunning would be required.. so you'd be dishing out more money after or before you get them installed.. personally, i'm a fan of non turbos myself, just coz of response.. but in the end if you want quick results then turbo is probably best for you.. ITB's require paitence and a lot more money ones there installed to get much out of it..

turbo hondas have plenty of response over other cars. Its cause we keep our stock compression when we go turbo and don't rely on boost to get the car moving.

Once you buy the ITB's + supporting mods to actually make any descent gains you'll be spending more then a turbo setup and will still have less power.