Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000

Hi all just joined

I have a 01 model S2000 that has developed a knock in the rear end on uneven surfaces. I have checked the upper towers and everything is tight all the bushes look to be in tacked no visible damage. Sounds like the springs are popping out and re-seating themselves. Has anyone had this issue before??

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k, Ek CXi, R33 S2 GTST
    Have you dropped the suspension out of her lately?? It could be that the cars springs are not sitting correctly in the struts on their rubber mounts.

A few other suggestions could be:
    1 - check your sway bar mounts & links as they could be loose
    2 - check your exhaust mounts as the exhaust could have came off its rubber mounts causing it to knock on the body (has happened to a friends car before)

Regards,

Dayne

S2Krazy Array
    Quite possibly the CV joints. S2K's are reknowned for shit CV joints if the car has been lowered.

I had the same problem, thinking it was CV's, but I swapped in a set of coilovers, and it all went away :S. Meh whatever.... lol.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000

thanks guys

the car is stock as a rock the only work that has been done on it was a left rear diff mount that failed. I have checked the suspension towers in the boot and they are tight. It goes into the shop tomoz so i'll pass on your suggestions thanks for your time guys much appreciated i'll keep ya posted on what they find.