Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXi

Exclamation Help! Door Panel Removal

im trying to take the door panels outta my ek civic
    ive managed to unfasten the interior door panel
    the only thing preventing me completely removing the panel is the window crank hanlde. thats rite i have manual windows.
    can anyone help or tell me where i can find help in removing the crank handle so i can finish removing the panel and install my new audio

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    dont know 100% sure about civics, but in swifts (im assuming the assembly will be the same) there is a washer/nut holding the window winder to the door. Use a flat head screw drive and try and push the washer...or stuff a rag in there and wind down the window.

http://www.redlinegti.com/forum/vt.12840.htm
    If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Again with me I am not sure with Civics, but I think they have a 'C' clip which holds the crank on. I used a small flat screw driver to remove the clip. Just push the door trim in and you should see it and access it to remove it.

When its time to put it back on, put the clip back on the crank 1st and then push it back home.

Hope this helps.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    if anything failed.. go to supercheap auto and get a window clip remover, I remeber saw one a while ago, but yeah a flat tip screwdriver should do it !!!

yeh it should be held in by a sort of C clip with ends point out
    you need some sort of long nose pliers or flat head screwdriver to get it out

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    the easiest way is with an old hanker chief. you wedge it behind the handle and work it up, left to right. its hard to explain, someone else shoud be able to explane better. But its the reccomended way to remove window handels on Hondas and Toyotas.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXi
    thanx fellas... got the door off fine... used the screw driver
    works like a charm