Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    please fallasmy dad has been driving for 30 years and compaints my euro is bloody slow. I dont have the money to buy another car or alternatively sell it because im gona loose shit loads of money. I should have buyed that v6 accord and fixed up its suspension i guess but made wrong mistake and bought an almost perferct car which only needs to be a bit more faster as in performance wise as it is. And no i donot need driving training.

I was on the ball when i bought this car except i thought the auto would be as fast as the manual counterpart but i guess i thought wrong. I am no cars guru, all i know is the euro is pretty slow for a 48 000 dollar car

the accord euro isn't a race car, its a family car.

Family car aye, if i would ve accidently bought a 118 kw auto integra that would be even slower and what are you gona call that?? a coupe that is very slow?

Member Array
    Car:
    2000+ celica 6mt
    Quote Originally Posted by Faiz
    please fallasmy dad has been driving for 30 years and compaints my euro is bloody slow. I dont have the money to buy another car or alternatively sell it because im gona loose shit loads of money. I should have buyed that v6 accord and fixed up its suspension i guess but made wrong mistake and bought an almost perferct car which only needs to be a bit more faster as in performance wise as it is. And no i donot need driving training.

I was on the ball when i bought this car except i thought the auto would be as fast as the manual counterpart but i guess i thought wrong. I am no cars guru, all i know is the euro is pretty slow for a 48 000 dollar car
    Family car aye, if i would ve accidently bought a 118 kw auto integra that would be even slower and what are you gona call that?? a coupe that is very slow?

No, I would call it a coupe... What are you comparing to? Its slow relative to a Ferrari, but I wouldn't say it's slow. What's your point?? That if I bought a car that looks sporty it has to be blisteringly fast???? WTF. You for one are in the wrong place then, you want fast lets see you can go without crashing if you drive as fast as you claim you should.

Your dad for one....driving for 30 years and says to his son, "this car is slow, too slow". Dude, does your dad want you to speed?? wow...big surprise seeing how you behave like a little racerboy. If the world were a better place, I'd want to see potential threats to human life like you only allowed to drive a 0.8 L car. The most amazing thing is that you seriously expected to blast around in a family car which by the way isn't slow for its price. Heaps of cars at that price are slower than the euro, some are even more expensive. Merc C180K, C200K, E200, 318i, 320i, Audi A4 the list goes on...

Speaking of which, why can't you grasp the fact that not all cars are made for outright performance. You pay for what you want. With the euro its the creature comforts and the performance. If you want straight line performance and none of that comfort...then get a sport car, something thats totally stripped inside and all thmoney you pay goes into the engine.

Note that if you were that confident of your driving you would have opted for a manual car to start with. Note that you are no car guru and you definitely do not know what it is like to drive safely for you wouldn't be complaining about overtaking and flooring it all over the place. Note too that this is not a flame, the reason why I'm saying this is that you have been spouting all this talk about driving fast on the road and making really silly comments about the car being too slow for what you pay when its clear you are new to driving and new to the concept that the price of the car is does not depend solely on its speed.

Nuff said

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Guys.. please don't turn this into a flame thread... (you know the mods, getting all nazi on us :P)...

Anyway, he's here to ask what he can do to make the car "faster" for a thousand bucks so let's just keep it there and not go on about whether he can drive or not.. Besides, we really don't know if he can or cannot drive so lets just stick to what he can do for a thousand bucks aye?
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Faiz

Well you and your dad should have figured this out on the test drive. and there isnt a single one of us who doesnt need driving training. all of us, no matter how experienced we are can improve, and there are always going to be people better at driving to us from whom we can learn from. only people who no nothing think they know everything and dont need any help. the more you know the more you understand you have a lot to learn.

and i hope you realise one day that car performance isnt all about straight line, 0-100. i doubt you're even using your car's performance to its full potential, regardless of the fact its an auto. if you cant, then I'll agree with you that you've 'buyed' the wrong car, and you should swap it with a jet engine with four wheels fixed on, bolt your classroom chair to it and enjoy the ride.

good luck
    Last edited by viperx; 17-02-2005 at 08:10 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Take the $1000 you have to spend and buy some perspective.

With a 1000 bucks, he should buy an old 70's corolla, learn what a car is with none of the safety shit that is saving his ass every time without him even knowing, and then grow an appreciation of what a car is.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by viperx
    Well you and your dad should have figured this out on the test drive. and there isnt a single one of us who doesnt need driving training. all of us, no matter how experienced we are can improve, and there are always going to be people better at driving to us from whom we can learn from. only people who no nothing think they know everything and dont need any help. the more you know the more you understand you have a lot to learn.

and i hope you realise one day that car performance isnt all about straight line, 0-100. i doubt you're even using your car's performance to its full potential, regardless of the fact its an auto. if you cant, then I'll agree with you that you've 'buyed' the wrong car, and you should swap it with a jet engine with four wheels fixed on, bolt your classroom chair to it and enjoy the ride.

good luck

even though im a 16 (and a half) year old who is privileged enough to be learning in a euro luxury manual, I totally agree with everything viperx has said here. i think it is pretty unreasonable to be expecting the euro to be a high performance car... i think its fair to say the euro has more than enough grunt for L and P platers of around my age. saying things like "bah! driver training....how am i gonna lose control of a 4-cyl car" is a completely wrong and unsensible attitude towards driving.

you should be grateful that you even have the opportunity to drive such a nice car. if u were weren't as lucky, you could be driving something like a matiz, or even worse- get around by foot. think about it...
    Last edited by evolution42; 17-02-2005 at 08:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution42
    you could be driving something like a matiz, or even worse- get around by foot. think about it...
    Yeah - Daewoo Matiz - 800cc. Sell the Euro and mod one of these babies like this!! I am pissing myself looking at this picture.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Wait. .there is more Faiz - your new interior..

All the girls will want you... still pissing myself here..

Last edited by yfin; 17-02-2005 at 08:42 PM.

Faiz, grow up would ya?

Accord is a family sport sedan, stop complaining about it's slow.

if you want fast cars, go get yourself a Ferrari or something.