View Poll Results: What shoud I do?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Use XT7 with 225/40/18

1 25.00%
  • Use XT7 with diff tyre size (please suggest size n load rate)

0 0%
  • Sell the XT7 and tyres and keep OEM for a while

3 75.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I have just checked Denot, the minimum load rating for the CU2 is 98V, so if you go below that figure the tyres will not conform with manufacturer specifications. Therefore there is no way i would fit the tyres you have to your CU2.

^^^ ye buddah, but the problem is.. if I still insist to go with the XT7 with 235/45/18 98W (like the OEM lux) the tyre will bludge out a bit from the rims, right? will this still legal? any safety issues?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    The recommended rim width for 235 section tyres is 8" to 8.5", However the specifications say minimum rim width is 7.5", maximum rim width is 9". My guess is 235/45 may be a little baggy on 7 1/2 inch rims so i would compensate by a slight increase in pressure.....say 36 to 38 psi. It is a pity you didn't go to 8" to 8.5" rim width, then it would be perfect.
    Last edited by buddah51au; 20-02-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    The recommended rim width for 235 section tyres is 8" to 8.5", However the specifications say minimum rim width is 7.5", maximum rim width is 9". My guess is 235/45 may be a little baggy on 7 1/2 inch rims so i would compensate by a slight increase in pressure.....say 36 to 38 psi. It is a pity you didn't go to 6" to 8.5" rim width, then it would be perfect.
    ya buddah... I was unlucy to just bought the XT7 for my FD2 before... bu when you have a car that has been in and out Smash repair for 5 times in less than 3 years (not to mention the last 2 was in 3 months period), I think its about time to sell it right? that's why its hard for me to sell the XT7...

Ok, so if I go with 235/45/18 and use 36/38psi preasure, it should be ok?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    that would be my suggestion, or try to sell your tyres and rims as a combination & start over so you get the right sizes.

I am hoping to go with a set of 19 x 8.5 eventually, weather it happens or not is another story.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Lux Navi
    Quote Originally Posted by arthhtra View Post
    Great Thread, Ive been reseraching and dont know what exact dimensions and offset people have experiemented with.
    Any advice would be good (e.g. with offset and other dimensions)
    I think I have posted this before, but here we go.

Factory offset is +55, anything under +45 is pushing the limits and may be illegal (In NSW you can not change the track by more than 25mm). I have been running +45 offset (18x8 with 235/45) for a few weeks now and I have had no issues with clearance or rubbing. I actually think the 20mm wider track looks better.

It is difficult though to find a wheel with the right x factor (dish shape) to clear the front brake calipers. I tried a lot of wheels before I found mine including a few that retailers assured me would fit until they tried them and got a shock when they fouled the front brakes.

I would Definitely not buy any wheels for this car without a test fit.
    Last edited by Sludge; 20-02-2009 at 08:31 PM.