14 11.57%
  • Its a Type R

63 52.07%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash_Gordon
    will she have sex with me when i buy one ??
    negative
    blz-arw019

Quote Originally Posted by IRI
    negative
    hehe i was just messin

Quote Originally Posted by Flash_Gordon
    will she have sex with me when i buy one ??
    hehe.......

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    I was actually looking at buyin a 90' Lude, prior to buying my gen 2 teg, i looked at several cars, celicas, mx6, capris, preludes, and of course the 'lasers and camrys', which my dad was hounding me to buy, coz he read in a RACV magazine that their extreamly reliable and affordable.... Hmm YES DAD! ... thank god i didnt buy 1

Anyways I liked the 90' prelude because for its age it had all the options that some cars these days dont have, like cruise, but because my bros got 1 , i decided to steer away and look at something else, i looked at the 90' celica but the ones i test drived felt under power and it was hard to come across the ones with sunroofs, the older mx6's are pretty good for power but they are alittle bit 'boxy' and the capris looked nice but were under powered also

The Gen 2 had almost everything.. power everything, Disc brakes, metallic paint, and the overall body shape looked amazing (and still does!) and i luv the sunroof..

Member Array
    Car:
    I miss my old DA9 :0(
    Good point there JNR MINT the LS is very good for it's age and like you said the shape is very contemporary, so much that when I ask people to guess what year my car is they normaly respond with: it look like between 95 and 97 model! you should see their faces when I tell them it's a 89! they are like and more so when I tell them it has Electric windows, mirrors, sun roof and anttena they fully freak out!

all of the reasons above and more are why I bought a DA9 LS!

They may be old but they can still look very good when done up in the right way!
    ダットサン, Dattosan!
    My Daily driven Datto http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11572

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    I agree, LS is an awesome looking car for its age! but you can pretty much say that about any Honda, they've always been ahead of their time.
    blz-arw019

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4 + ZXR250C
    bought ma integra vti-r coz im not friggin allowed to buy a turbocharged rwd too trash around by ma dad.... and im a long way from affording a civic coupe vtir or ITR ... so yehhh go the teg vtir...... and once this old man thought ma car ishh like 6months old... eheheh

Member Array
    Car:
    [nk #2] DC2 VTi-RT
    used to have a gen3 crx, but after having a 2 seater car I swore I wouldnt get another one (maybe an s2k though hehehe). And seems like at the time the DC2 fit the bill.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I brought my 1st Integra in 1993 (89 LS) Man I loved that car, it drove great had awesome fuel economy, nice shape & schmick interior. For the next nine years I drove it over 200,000 km with no major problems (1xCV was replaced in 98).

Spring 2003.
    The day had come to trade in/up and I went to my Honda dealership to look at some 2nd hand cars... That’s when I saw it, a dc5r on the showroom floor. I was like "how much do they go for" to the salesman (wife slaps my arm). The sales person throws me the keys and says " take it for a test drive if you like" Hell yeah..cha ching sold!!!
    Two weeks later I drove a brand new 2003 Artic Blue DC5R out of the show room, I still remember how nervous I was that day, ultra paranoid that I would hit something.lol

Six months later I started having regrets.
    Did I do the right thing?
    Should I have brought something else? (More hp)

After posting some questions on Ozhonda & club RSX, I realised there was something more to Honda motorcars than meets the eye....it's the community of enthusiasts. A friendly, helpful bunch of people who go out of their way to help other owners alike.

After meeting some of these people on a cruise I get an invite to a Track day, woah baby, was I in for a surprise!!!! My type R was a machine built for the track, suddenly it became clear and to this day I have fond memories of those regrets and just laugh, if I only knew then what I know now...Honda for life.

/end rant
    /Swigs beer
    :-)

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    yeh the dc5r is a great car to drive, so much fun when the vtec kicks...
    looks awesum inside n out too
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Quote Originally Posted by Cr@ckerJ@ck
    Six months later I started having regrets.
    Did I do the right thing?
    Should I have brought something else? (More hp)
    yeh.. sometimes i'm at that stage too with my dc5r... i need to take mine down the 1/4mile or track.. i'd love to let it rip on the track.. too dangerous on the road..

yesterday this xr6 (non-turbo) wanted to drag.. (surfie kept pushing forward at the lights) i was ahead of it by one car length and he couldnt over take.. then wen i realised i was doing 150 in a 70 zone.. (my gf was in the car) i thought i better slow down.. dun wanna get into an accident.. so i break'd and let him pass.. vtec sounded awesome when it kicks in

"only milk and orange juice comes in two litres".. well why does my 2ltr vtec kicks ur xr6??

f**k i need to take it down the track !!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Formula Red AP1 S2000
    95 VTIR. I think because I was not allowed to have a turbo car. But after owning it for 4 years, I never had any regrets. I loved it to bits. Now for the R experience!

Just Imagine, I almost ended up with a Celica GTFOUR! URG!
    2001 95 Integra VTIR
    2006 97 Prelude VTIR
    2007 01 S2000