Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

DC2R Stereo Upgrade

Hey all just thought i might post a few piccies of the stereo setup in my dc2 and a bit of a build thread.

Not much to it really but im installing 16.5cm Alpine type R components front and 16.5cm Alpine type R splits in the rear.

I will be running my clarion head unit and a JBL 6 channel amp in the back onto a 12" type s sub with a custom boot install (try to make as light weight as possible)

Last weekend i installed dynamat and dynaxorbs to the doors (after cleaning off all the old glue that held the moisture mat on), mounted the tweeters to the door cards, mounted the crossovers to the doors, ran some cable and mounted the front speaker pods.

Will keep this thread updated as i slowly work my way through it. Cant upload pics for some reason.

Cheers all.
    Last edited by Neesmo31; 18-02-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    Honda Accord Euro

I had a stereo on my dc2r, and i put that deadening stuff, weighed my doors sooo much

I ended up taking it all out and the stereo as it made such a difference in weight

and do you mean 6.5" splits?

cant see pics but hopefully can soon
    Everytime I Touch myself a HONDA Crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
    thread ruined
    Quote Originally Posted by DNT-CRY View Post
    *** u piece of shyt ur mum is a ***in skank... bitch ****...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Yeah they are 16.5 cm lol. Yeah the dynamat is fairly heavy but no more than say 10kgs for the whole 4 sheets (i only used about 1.5 sheets in each door. Yeah i will make the boot install very light, and i should be able to remove the sub and amp whenever i want to do any trackwork or drags (that will never happen) so im basically making a comfy cruiser while i have no licence (when i get my licence back i only have 4 points for a year so i cant really speed or think about going fast and we dont have any tracks around here)
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    05 integra type S
    hey man, would love to see some piks, i just got myself yellow cone pioneer 6x9's and 6" yellow cone compoent splits for the front.

im wondering when 2 mount the crossovers and tweaters..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I tryed to upload the pics but they didnt work. grr. Um if i can get some pics up ill show you where i did mount all my gear.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Dynamat and door pod fitted:

Door before cleaning:

Door after cleaning:

Tweeters mounted:

Some pics, ill be working on it this weekend so i might be able to get the doors done and new wires in.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Your pics still don't work, you can't link to a picture that you hosted on another forum.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra GSI
    I am in the same situation upgrading my stereo in my DC4, just curious if the alpine type r splits will fit in the front doors?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC/WRX
    might need some MDF spacers
    Life Doesn’t Start Until 9000RPM!