Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by jyh888 View Post
    where can you get this stuff and whats the price range?? can you tune it yourself or do they come pretuned?
    ranges from $1000-3000 tune + equipment
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Quote Originally Posted by ndeuro_ View Post
    but then the unburnt fuel will just go out ur exhaust?
    and you will have flames coming out... dragon fire

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by ndeuro_ View Post
    but then the unburnt fuel will just go out ur exhaust?
    Yeah if your engine was running rich...it could go out your exhaust...the only real ramifications of running rich are shorter catalytic converter life, lower fuel efficiency and of course less power if its too rich...

The main concern to be aware of is if it runs lean...where engine cylinder temperatures rise and can cause knocking/pre-ignition. TBH with a euro...i don't see the point in tuning it...its meant to be a lux car not really performance...unless you use some sort of forced induction (Turbo or S/C) I couldn't see the car being that much faster as they are relatively heavy...

Probebly be better off selling your K24 and dropping in a K20 (Euro-R Style) or putting a K20 head w/ intake/headers/exhaust on the K24 block then your talking about some decent power gains... But Intake/Headers/Exhaust...even with a tune I couldn't see much of a gain happening...not enough for the money you would of spend anyway...
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp00ny View Post
    Yeah if your engine was running rich...it could go out your exhaust...the only real ramifications of running rich are shorter catalytic converter life, lower fuel efficiency and of course less power if its too rich...

The main concern to be aware of is if it runs lean...where engine cylinder temperatures rise and can cause knocking/pre-ignition. TBH with a euro...i don't see the point in tuning it...its meant to be a lux car not really performance...unless you use some sort of forced induction (Turbo or S/C) I couldn't see the car being that much faster as they are relatively heavy...

Probebly be better off selling your K24 and dropping in a K20 (Euro-R Style) or putting a K20 head w/ intake/headers/exhaust on the K24 block then your talking about some decent power gains... But Intake/Headers/Exhaust...even with a tune I couldn't see much of a gain happening...not enough for the money you would of spend anyway...
    I don't think the Euro's weight is a problem, a standard Euro with no sunroof etc. only weighs about 1360kg. That's almost 200kg lighter than a WRX with a very similar wheelbase. I think forced induction in a Euro is a bit iffy, it's still FWD and I'd prefer an NA tune with high top end power and a tight gearbox than a low down torquey engine, would make putting the power down ridiculous

K24 is a much better base to build for overall performance than a K20. Seeing as the K20a head is already so similar to the K24 head that, although there are gains, it's a mod you'd do if I had nothing else left to do and still wanted a bit more power. Still, I agree with the tuning part, that's why I'm doing all my mods first then getting the tune done last so I won't need to worry about a re-tune
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by integral90 View Post
    I don't think the Euro's weight is a problem, a standard Euro with no sunroof etc. only weighs about 1360kg. That's almost 200kg lighter than a WRX with a very similar wheelbase. I think forced induction in a Euro is a bit iffy, it's still FWD and I'd prefer an NA tune with high top end power and a tight gearbox than a low down torquey engine, would make putting the power down ridiculous

K24 is a much better base to build for overall performance than a K20. Seeing as the K20a head is already so similar to the K24 head that, although there are gains, it's a mod you'd do if I had nothing else left to do and still wanted a bit more power. Still, I agree with the tuning part, that's why I'm doing all my mods first then getting the tune done last so I won't need to worry about a re-tune
    Interesting View...

I was under the impression that not so many people would do K24/20 engine builds without it being largely benificial. Don't Forget the K24 Head Valvetrain isn't built to rev as high and also wouldn't be designed for top end power...more low/mid torque/response... I assume there would also be a reason why they used the K20A in the "Euro R" and not a K24... The block is a better place to start definantly agree with that...but head...I beg to differ...

Also I own a WRX and it only weighs 1240kg..... I'm unsure what WRX you were measuring but mine is a MY00... Also don't forget you maybe able to extract a bit of power out of the K24 by tuning/mods but without forced induction your still not going to have enough torque... However I also agree that Turbo FWD's are POS's for launch/traction/handling...

To me...the chassis/suspension dynamics aren't designed to be a "sporty" car... Its a luxury/prestige... Biggest mistake people make with their cars is making it something its not...your always fighting against the manufacturers intentions... Unless you go to extreme (very costly) measures to change alot of the car then it will always be what it was designed to be... a lux...

I have to admit a Supercharged Euro would be nice just to have some nice low/mid range pull...
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Interesting View...

I was under the impression that not so many people would do K24/20 engine builds without it being largely benificial. Don't Forget the K24 Head Valvetrain isn't built to rev as high and also wouldn't be designed for top end power...more low/mid torque/response... I assume there would also be a reason why they used the K20A in the "Euro R" and not a K24... The block is a better place to start definantly agree with that...but head...I beg to differ...

Also I own a WRX and it only weighs 1240kg..... I'm unsure what WRX you were measuring but mine is a MY00... Also don't forget you maybe able to extract a bit of power out of the K24 by tuning/mods but without forced induction your still not going to have enough torque... However I also agree that Turbo FWD's are POS's for launch/traction/handling...

To me...the chassis/suspension dynamics aren't designed to be a "sporty" car... Its a luxury/prestige... Biggest mistake people make with their cars is making it something its not...your always fighting against the manufacturers intentions... Unless you go to extreme (very costly) measures to change alot of the car then it will always be what it was designed to be... a lux...

I have to admit a Supercharged Euro would be nice just to have some nice low/mid range pull...
    I think the reason they used the K20 in the EuroR was because it's basically already a track engine, with the tight ratios and the gearbox. Also it's still an R, so it needs to rev high

I thought I had heard somewhere that WRXs were around the 1500kg mark? Maybe my facts are wrong, but I've held dead even with a modded WRX when the Euro was stock (granted the WRX did have huge, heavy-looking chrome wheels). The K20 isn't necessarily designed to flow better at high rpm I don't think. I think most of it's benefit at high rpm comes from it's cams, valvetrain and intake manifold (matched with the stock ecu of course), but as far as the skeleton of the head goes I don't think there's enough difference to notice until you break the 8000rpm mark or so.

The Euro has always been marketed as a sort of sports luxury, atleast that's what it seemed like to me. I mean the Euro is basically the stepping stone from an Integra to an Accord, so you'd assume it would have some sporty design influence mixed in with the luxury.

I think after a dyno tune EUR003act will break 165kW atw, which in a car that weighs 1460kg or whatever his does, is enough for some pretty damn good performance.

I agree with all of what you've said, no doubt, but I'm just a firm believer in the potential of the Euro and the K24
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by integral90 View Post
    I think the reason they used the K20 in the EuroR was because it's basically already a track engine, with the tight ratios and the gearbox. Also it's still an R, so it needs to rev high

I thought I had heard somewhere that WRXs were around the 1500kg mark? Maybe my facts are wrong, but I've held dead even with a modded WRX when the Euro was stock (granted the WRX did have huge, heavy-looking chrome wheels). The K20 isn't necessarily designed to flow better at high rpm I don't think. I think most of it's benefit at high rpm comes from it's cams, valvetrain and intake manifold (matched with the stock ecu of course), but as far as the skeleton of the head goes I don't think there's enough difference to notice until you break the 8000rpm mark or so.

The Euro has always been marketed as a sort of sports luxury, atleast that's what it seemed like to me. I mean the Euro is basically the stepping stone from an Integra to an Accord, so you'd assume it would have some sporty design influence mixed in with the luxury.

I think after a dyno tune EUR003act will break 165kW atw, which in a car that weighs 1460kg or whatever his does, is enough for some pretty damn good performance.

I agree with all of what you've said, no doubt, but I'm just a firm believer in the potential of the Euro and the K24

True the K24 is a great engine. But stock euro keep up with a rex?! Let alone a modded one...all you have to do is look at the stats to throw that one down the drain... Don't get me wrong... Although I have a wrx atm; ironically I'm looking into moving onto a Euro Lux...for the simple fact...i don't drive hard/fast and i would prefer lux/fuel efficiency over performance/handling...

a MY00 (the WRX i currently have) does 0-100 in 6.5 seconds and the standing quarter in 14.3 (if launched harshly...could probebly get less but would end up with no clutch/trans after a while lol)... Engine is 160kw/300nm into 1240kg.... the Euro is 140kw/223nm into 1395kg/1360 (luxury/base manual).... 0-100 8.1/7.8 standing quarter in low-mid 15's the lack of torque would hurt later gears but the manuals closer ratio's would help... I cant vouch for the rex's 0-100/ 1/4 mile as ive never tested it...all i know is i can go up hills in 1st,2nd,3rd AND 4th lol

A modded WRX if the launch didnt get you, after second gear...the torque would lol...

When your driving a Euro Lux compared to a WRX who gives a shit about performance when you've got the awesome interior to look at... Stylish, Elegant and featurefull...something we all know the WRX is not... not to mention 2L/100km's less fuel consumption!!! If you drive any turbo car hard you might as well aim the petrol nozzle down the drain XD
    Last edited by Sp00ny; 05-03-2009 at 12:03 AM.
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    True the K24 is a great engine. But stock euro keep up with a rex?! Let alone a modded one...all you have to do is look at the stats to throw that one down the drain... Don't get me wrong... Although I have a wrx atm; ironically I'm looking into moving onto a Euro Lux...for the simple fact...i don't drive hard/fast and i would prefer lux/fuel efficiency over performance/handling...

a MY00 (the WRX i currently have) does 0-100 in 6.5 seconds and the standing quarter in 14.3 (if launched harshly...could probebly get less but would end up with no clutch/trans after a while lol)... Engine is 160kw/300nm into 1240kg.... the Euro is 140kw/223nm into 1395kg/1360 (luxury/base manual).... 0-100 8.1/7.8 standing quarter in low-mid 15's the lack of torque would hurt later gears but the manuals closer ratio's would help... I cant vouch for the rex's 0-100/ 1/4 mile as ive never tested it...all i know is i can go up hills in 1st,2nd,3rd AND 4th lol

A modded WRX if the launch didnt get you, after second gear...the torque would lol...

When your driving a Euro Lux compared to a WRX who gives a shit about performance when you've got the awesome interior to look at... Stylish, Elegant and featurefull...something we all know the WRX is not... not to mention 2L/100km's less fuel consumption!!! If you drive any turbo car hard you might as well aim the petrol nozzle down the drain XD
    You seem well educated with cars, so you'd know how much big heavy chromies affect performance, ESPECIALLY with an AWD. Also the new WRX weighs 1410kg according to their website, and from an article I read they actually lightened it from the previous model.

All I know is we were both WOT and it was dead even, we went from about 60-120km/h and he pulled around 1m. But for all I know he had only done exhaust, which wasn't enough to make up for the chromies.

Obviously the Euro has potential for performance, otherwise you wouldn't have so many people (myself included) modifying them for performance. The CL is a very nice chassis, and the K24 as other members have demonstrated, can make ridiculous power with N/A. Obviously the Euro is no ITR or CTR, but I wouldn't dismiss it as a luxury cruiser just yet
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord EURO
    i saw a video on ytube that a stock internal kserie engine can withstand upto 44psi of boost before blowing =]

Banned Array
    Car:
    Euro 06'
    ^it was in the eg yeah?

haha

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord EURO
    yeah. u net junkie

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dope cu2 rollin on 19s
    ok, i barley get 400kms out of my tank, i think there might be something wrong?