using color coded paint to cover chips?

Um, i've got some color coded paint left over from a DIY job on my lip kit, and so yeah, I've got like chips on some places on my car, which are white, and my cars black, so they fkn stand out like crazy. neway, i was thinking, of using my color coded paint cans, and spraying it into my lid, and getting the paint brush and just putting a layer of black on the marks. For eg, the chip on my door, and the chip on my lip, and this and that.

What you think, would this be effective, or would i need to put some clear coat on top of that -_-?

-------------------------
    Is the normal wattage 50-60W for bulbs? what happens if u use like 100W

wat rims r dese

and what do spacers do? LOL sorry for the mad nubness but yeah

do they make the wheel sit more outside.. like.. makes the wheels stick out more?? and how do they fit on the car?
    Last edited by MWAKU; 16-03-2009 at 08:03 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Melts the wires if they overheat.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

thanks man.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    If they are real... they are the new Rays Engineering, Volk, CE28N's

Spacers, space your wheel out. They go between your rotor and wheel, and push the wheel out. Not the best to use spacers as you get rid of thread on the wheel studs, and the wheel nuts don't have as much to grip onto.

There are different type of Wheel spacers:

Those ones have studs attached to the spacers. This type is if you want to space out the wheel by alot (ie: 1cm or more)

Otherwise, you can get universal wheel spacers:

These slip over your studs. Commonly found in 3mm, and 8mm. These ones aren't the best to use.

Did that make sense?
    Last edited by VTECMACHINE; 15-03-2009 at 10:12 PM.

made perfect sense .cheers

Newcomer Array
    which make clearance between brake caliper/coilovers to rim to prevent them touching and damaging them
    Last edited by djt; 15-03-2009 at 10:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Wheel Spacers - 2 types
    As VTECMACHINE explained.

You have the type where it is a spacer plate which uses existing hub studs and slips over the hub.

Type 2 - bolts down the OEM hub studs, and has extended studs welded on the spacer itself.

Application: To have the wheel further away from hub so you look like your running lower offset wheel or clear large calipers.
    Cons: Not recommend as the hub won't be as strong since it sits further out.
    Pros: Looks nicer; Better to use the type similiar to the purple spacer!!
    Last edited by Crapdaz; 16-03-2009 at 07:50 AM.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

thanks guys. helpful stuff

Best not to use a paint brush on paint chips, as the finish isn't smooth or even

Depending on size, I'd be using a toothpick and blotting in the chips so you can blend it in better than using a brush

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    As mentioned before tooth pick and capillary action! Build up a few layers of paint that overlap the chip crater (making sure to let dry between layers) and then wet sand down with 1500-2000 grit until nice and even. Since it's only door and lip won't be that noticeable and looks way better than leaving it without!

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    I used a small ripped piece of paper and folded to form a point, which i roughed up as i found it hard to get enough paint onto a toothpick.
    then built up layer of paint in the chip.
    once dry go to get a bottle of clear nail polish off your sister/gf/mother and dab to cover the new painted chip (clear nail polish is high quality acrylic laquer, same thing as clear coat).
    once dry get some cut and polish and buff the area.

I did this and covered up all of the chips. will be hard to notice there was a chip at all unless closely examined.

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Deff don't use below 2000 grit wet/dry when your rubbing it back.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend