Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    thanks moey, and yeah turbo does seem like the right way to go, but maybe wait sometime and see if anyone turbos a 2.7l if its possibly?

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by hectik_7 View Post
    Too all those that generalise, about p' platers can get f**d

Not all p platers speed, race and go super dooper fast in a school zone which is (max 40km/h).

Take it easy.
    Sorry my bad. Male, Red P-platers between the ages of 17-20 mainly. That's not generalising... it's a known fact.

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    Sorry my bad. Male, Red P-platers between the ages of 17-20 mainly. That's not generalising... it's a known fact.
    Really?

All of them? EVERY single one yeah?

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post
    i agree hecktik its kinda funny how everyone puts all p platers in the same catagory of fools. i guess no one cares if they speed and their off their p plates. and if i didnt know my "limit" 02 i would of had many accidents by now. thank god i havent. i havent even had one.
    And your 6 months of driving experience has shown you all the things you can do in your car? From the sounds of what you're saying u get into a lot of close calls. That isn't something to brag about.
    Even ppl that have been driving for years can still have accidents but they at least have plenty of experience under their belt. Throw a P-plater in a few of these situations and I know they wont come out best off...

Back on topic though, tuning a stroked turbo f20c would be a nightmare. No tuner would want to touch it. There just isn't as much aftermarket support in Aus for the f20c compared to other honda engines. IMO stick to suspension/intake mods and turbo it when you get off your P's
    Last edited by 02gzm; 16-03-2009 at 06:28 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Really?

All of them? EVERY single one yeah?
    Well every single one I see on the street trys to race me, or screams past me at a rediculous speed.

Every red p-plater in that category that I know drive like idiots.

Heaps of P-platers drive modded cars too... they can't even just wait and obey the law?

Just wondering... how many speeding fines etc do you have?

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    Well every single one I see on the street trys to race me, or screams past me at a rediculous speed.

Every red p-plater in that category that I know drive like idiots.

Heaps of P-platers drive modded cars too... they can't even just wait and obey the law?

Just wondering... how many speeding fines etc do you have?
    Ok then,

How can you put down red p' platers, didn't you ever do the same?

I've been on my p's for about a year and half, and in that time I've copped one speeding fine.

Of course p-platers do that, i'm not saying they don't, but all im saying don't generalise, some of us have brains and think before act and KNOW our own limits. Other's don't.

My point is, not all of us act like dickheads on the road.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Ok then,

How can you put down red p' platers, didn't you ever do the same?

I've been on my p's for about a year and half, and in that time I've copped one speeding fine.

Of course p-platers do that, i'm not saying they don't, but all im saying don't generalise, some of us have brains and think before act and KNOW our own limits. Other's don't.

My point is, not all of us act like dickheads on the road.

Actually no, I never did anything "hoonish" on the street, maybe bad decisions whilst driving etc.. but hey P plates are there for a reason - to learn.

So you've been caught speeding once, yet you speed all the time? :P

Pls explain how you know your limits. Have you done driver training courses, have you pushed yourself on a race track. I've driven on the race track quite a few times, and I am still learning my own, and my cars limits in different conditions and circumstances - and I will always continue to learn more.

Yet P-platers that have only been driving for a year or less and think they know everything, and they know their limits, and their cars limits.

And yes, not ALL of you act like dichheads on the street... but the majority do.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    VTECMACHINE is right, it's a shit thing to generalise cause we've all been there, but it's still the truth.

And honestly, if you have actually 'discovered' your limit just driving on the street, you should probably be stuck with P's for a very very long time.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz Vti-S
    When i said limit originaly, i meant my moral limit not skill limit, no one knows there skill limit ever its a constantly changing situation out there. Ohh you've raced on a track congrats with that your soo skillful you must be 100% ready all the time now with all those dogs running across a track and all ey.. Man i meant moral limit i know not to speed in a school zone or in built up areas and i know not to do rediculous speeds. And no im not a p plater ive been off them for years... and to vtecmachine not every p-plater male between 17-20 is a fully sick racer guy some people are so misfortunate to be stuck driving a van or a 121 or other non 'racey' cars... Also you say P plates are for learning actually they have a thing called L plates for that ya know...

ANYWAY WE ARE COMPLETLY OFF TOPIC SO PLEASE STOP HARASSING F20C OR TALKING ABOUT POINTLESS ARGUEMENTS AND GET BACK TO THE OP's QUESTION!! BECAUSE ME MYSELF WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HE IS PLANNING TO DO WITH HIS CAR, AFTER ALL THIS IS A CAR FORUM!

P.s. we all know pensioners cause the most accidents really... :P
    Jazz Demon 666

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    i knew what you were on about gmonkey :| lol. anyway i am still leaning towards the N/A 2.7l as im a man of n/a power.. but now im looking at buying a bike -.-

*edit* and wtf your saying RED p platers? im sorry the green p platers are all nice and safe driving? lol i have seen one red p plate accident since the red and green p plate laws come out and it was a chick driving. and "showing me all the things i can do in my car"? so your saying all the things my car can do.. like drifting burnouts etc etc? your telling me all these people off their p plates have experience so their able to do that? and how would you get experience on the road may i ask? driving in a straight line doing 60-70 sometimes 80 and the occ. 100 freeway runs. i highly doubt these people off their p plates learnt on a track as many of you are saying to do.. and infact i've only ever had one close call and im sure many people here have. and all that close call was a gutter job on my rim. oh and i've only ever copped speeding fine. infact its my only fine.

and vtecmachine i dont know where you live but i see many p platers driving at the suggested speed limit in melbourne. and i can proudly say i do drive on or under the limit more than im over it. and how can you compare track racing to everyday driving? circumstances are different on a track you dont have anything to distract you like a kid playing ball on the side of the road or massive as trucks driving in the middle of two lanes swaying left to right eitherway, driving on a track is so much different to everyday driving. well one would think so as it seems nothing alike.
    Last edited by F20C; 17-03-2009 at 03:42 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Nissan Micra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post
    thanks moey, and yeah turbo does seem like the right way to go, but maybe wait sometime and see if anyone turbos a 2.7l if its possibly?
    I hope you have a very good and trustworthy mechanic. Even if you do, prepare to pay thousands and thousands of dollars for the turbo setup.
    NHB DC2R

TYP 20R

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    In regards to track racing... I was clearly pointing out that, that is the only way you can test your limits and the cars limits. By no means did I say that racing on track teachs you absolutally everything about driving, and I did not once say I am an awesome driver because I have been on a track.

Geeang, summed it u well. If you can find your limits on the street, you are a retard.