Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R

DC2 R broken down

Hey guys, tonight was a shit night. Driving my dc2 R and the motor just suddenly cut out while i was driving. I started the car again. and the same problem. Had to pull over to the side of the road and get my car towed. There was no lights on the dash working when trying to start it. The windows will not even go up or down. Stereo still works tho when the battery is turned on. Does anyone kno what the problem could be? I have to wait till monday b4 i can do anything about it tho. Could it have anything to do with the immobaliser or the car alarm? Will it cost me much?

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    V6 Twin Turbo DC2
    How does the car stop? Does it choke slowly or just cut off without warning?

Sounds like you sparked all your fuses.

Quote Originally Posted by c_para View Post
    Hey guys, tonight was a shit night. Don't you just hate it when you get a shit night?..!..?..!..?..!..?
    Driving my dc2 R and the motor just suddenly cut out while i was driving. I started the car again. and the same problem. Had to pull over to the side of the road and get my car towed. That was a very sparse description for the irregular incidents that happen to you on the night in question. When you say the motor just "suddenly cut out" while you were driving, how was it like?? Was it like running out of fuel?? Was it a full on choke, splutter, bang, KABo0o0oMMMMM..??..!!..??..!!..??.. Or maybe it was like ZZzzZZzzZZ....knock, knock, knock, zoom, zoom.............. then off..... Please explain. You managed to start the car again, were you able to drive a little bit further after you started her again? Maybe not, maybe a further one or two kilometers before she shut off again.?.?.?
    Don't you just hate it when you have to get your car towed?? Its just so, so depressing.
    There was no lights on the dash working when trying to start it. The windows will not even go up or down. To my knowledge, thats what usually happens. When cranking the motor, all the dash lights will go off. I'm assuming thats what you mean when you say "trying to start it" When the key is in the "OFF" position, then all lights are off. When in the "ACC essory" position, all the lights would be off also, but maybe the door light may come on when the doors are open. When in the "ON" position then a fair few lights will light up. Can't remember which ones to be exact, but many will light up. When cranking.... or what you would call "trying to start it" no lights should be on. The issue with the windows, are they not working full stop or they're not working in a particular key position. Being more specific helps greatly in helping you with answers.
    Stereo still works tho when the battery is turned on. Do you have a "battery isolator switch"??? you're suggesting so when you say "Stereo works when you turn on the battery" OR by saying that, did you mean when you turn the keys to the "ON" position. Have you checked any of your fuses yet?

Does anyone kno what the problem could be? I have to wait till monday b4 i can do anything about it tho. Could it have anything to do with the immobaliser or the car alarm? Will it cost me much?

Cheers. My friend, I'm not trying to be a smart arse about this.................. well, maybe I am. But only just a little.
    Seriously though mate, you really think from the half arsed description that you gave us about your dilemma, that anyone here on this forum could give you a semi/half/lil ounce decent diagnosis???
    Maybe you'll have to wait till Monday to get it properly fixed by a Qualified technician. It might have everything to do with your immobilizer, it might have nothing to do with it at all.

And this last question of yours, "how much will it cost you??"

this is the most stupid question in your whole post asking for help. Because how the **** do we know how much its gonna cost you.
    mate, I really wish you the best of luck and I hope you get everything fixed soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R

break down

Sorry about the stupid questions haha, i just thought maybe u guys were such experts since u guys sit on this sight all day. But the car engine just cut out with no noises at all. Just a complete stop when i was at the lights, then when i got it started again it stopped while i was driving. and it would just roll. Thats all that happened.

Member Array
    Car:
    pogo stick
    ign switch

start the car and wiggle the key, see if it turns off

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    So u r saying to try and start it again? and wiggle the key around?

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Lol Bludger.

I think you should give c_para a break. No need to be harsh.

Anyway, c_para, I doubt it's as simple as ignition switch. As Bludger mentioned, I think you're better of asking a qualified technician.
    Last edited by Poeter; 22-03-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
    Lol Bludger.

Anyway, c_para, I doubt it's as simple as ignition switch. As Bludger mentioned, I think you're better of asking a qualified technician.
    i agree ay.
    thats what this forum is for isnt it, asking questions, and some know more than others. maybe a half assed description may not have helped, but maybe someone else had encountered the problem.

para, just get it checked, or disconnect the alarm to begin with. dont think that will hurt, and take it to an auto electrician.

get it towed to my house and ill look at it

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Speaking of auto electricians, does anyone know of any good ones?

Sorry about the stupid questions haha, i just thought maybe u guys were such experts since u guys sit on this sight all day. But the car engine just cut out with no noises at all. Just a complete stop when i was at the lights, then when i got it started again it stopped while i was driving. and it would just roll. Thats all that happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
    Lol Bludger.

Quote Originally Posted by CRXDEL501 View Post
    i agree ay.
    thats what this forum is for isnt it, asking questions, and some know more than others. maybe a half assed description may not have helped, but maybe someone else had encountered the problem.

para, just get it checked, or disconnect the alarm to begin with. dont think that will hurt, and take it to an auto electrician.

get it towed to my house and ill look at it
    Look guys, I tried to help the OP as much as I could have with what I had to work with. Given I was a little bit of a smart arse, but thats just me.

Just remember I tried to the best of my ability to help.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, EK1
    If it randomly just stalls... sounds like an "air leak"
    Happened to a friend of mine, but different car.
    A Hose under the manifold could have blown off.

Even saying this, it doesn't explain why your motor won't start?
    Could even be the starter motor or fuses.