Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda jazz vti-s
    i have the same CVT problem its an 07 vtis ...i find its not smooth when im traveling around 50kmph and let go of the accelerator thers a sort of pulling back motion as the revs go down rapidly... i use honda oil and its only done 20000km what should i do? or is it normal for the jazz to do that? helppp needed

anybody had probs with the stock CD player?

my mums and gf's is both stuffing up. 03 and 06 models. reads ERR on the screen and the Cd's get stuck inside, leaving the CD player function useless.

fortunately the 06 model can be replaced under warranty. anybody else have this prob or know how to fix?

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Jazz VTi, '00 RD1 CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by rokkuchan View Post
    I get 'creaking' noises when i turn into driveways in an angle or any humps.
    But happen after i upgrade suspension. Is this due to hardening suspension and bending the body??

Can braces fix this? I.e the strut tower/ lower arm brace and rear upper/lower strut brace etc??

The 'creak' noise i really hate, seem like car coming apart...
    Mine has bog stock suspension and original 14" OEM wheels and has creaked over sudden bumps/angles since day 1.

Should I be concerned?
    '91 CB7 Accord EXi (my first Honda)
    '07 GD3 Jazz VTi (mine)
    '00 RD1 CR-V Sport (wife's truck)

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    I have had the CVT not being smooth on my 06 VTiS.
    mileage currently is 30,000km.

I found that sometimes from a stand still the car has a slight shudder momentarily (the revs drop) and it feels like it might stall before taking off.. this only happens for a split second.
    I have found when cruising around 80kmh and feathering the throttle, the revs might drop down to 1000rpm then go back to the cruising speed, and it jerks when it does this.
    I have also found that the car seems to roll back on an incline more than when it was new.

At 20,000km Collins honda changed the EGR valve. But the car came back even less smooth.. taking it back a few times they said "they can't find a problem"

At 30,000km service i took it to Rick Damelian; they acknowledged the hesitation and shudder and they changed the CVT oil... seems a bit smoother..
    Rick also recommended I change the air filter (cos it was filthy) and also clean the throttle body.
    i told them not to change the filter as it was gonna cost $70... I changed to a K&N filter this morning but haven't driven it enough to really tell if it was a dirty air filter causing hesistation, I doubt it though... but see what happens.

Other Jazz problems I've found, the driver's side lock can fail to lock sometimes.. its jsut stuck there, you can't push it down not matter how hard you push... turning the car off and back on will fix this.
    The dash lights can play up at times, going dim all of a sudden, banging the dash will fix this.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    Also I think all the CVT problems show in that the new model jazz comes with a conventional auto

I have a March built 2004 Jazz VTIS manual which I have owned since new and has travelled 130,000 kms. The following is a list of what I have had replaced or repaired on the car since ownership:

1. Rear wheel bearings. These are a problem with the GD Jazz and mine were replaced under warranty at about 80,000 kms. If your rear wheel bearings are whining or rumbing when turned whilst the car is on a hoist, your wheel bearings are stuffed. Got it done under warranty, normal cost of supply and fit is about $800!

2. ESP noise. Electric Power Steering makes a very small creeking noise at low speed turns. Had everything lubicated in the steering twice now and noise is still there. very hard to hear but still there. Really this isn't an issue for me.

3. Clutch and Brake pedals rubbers are stuffed. I noticed this at the last service. The brake pedal in particular is worn to the metal on one side. I wrote to Honda Australia and both are being replaced at the next service free of charge as a good will gesture. I personally think brake and clutch pedal rubbers should last more than 5 years of normal driving. I have a 46 year old Valiant that still has it's original pedal rubbers on it with very little signs of wear.

4. One of the front fog lamps has a broken lens. $230 to supply and fit is completely over the top and will not be replaced in my ownership of the car. The lamp still works though but looks ugly.

5. Just noticed the air conditioner compressor is making a high pitched screeching noise upon cold start ups. The noise is gone when the car is warm. Will be getting this looked at next service. Could be just a loose belt or something (I hope....)

Beyond that I still love the car. Got 93,000 kms out of a set of original tyres, 110,000 kms out of a set of front brake pads, still get about 5.5 to 6 litres to the 100kms, interior is awesome and still looks new. Space saver rear spare tyre is a complete death trap if you ever have to use it and I would have expected a full size spare for such a car. I also don't like the way the Jazz doesn't have an engine temperature gauge - just the two 'hot' and 'cold' idiot lights on the dash. The paint and exterior finish on the car is also extremely good and mine has not shown any sign of fade or wear in the finish however the car travels 60kms to work and back each day (garage to under cover carpark) and is very rarely out in the elements for any extended period of time. I am really hoping (with scheduled services every 10000 kms) that I will get 300,000 kms of trouble free motoring before something major goes wrong (motor or gearbox) with the car. At this stage it still drives like new and I have very little doubt the car will make it to 300,000 kms and then it will be traded/sold on a new Jazz...
    Last edited by 62rocket; 19-03-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    110,000k's from the front pads Our jazz vti gets driven pretty slowly, and all we got was 48,000k's. Is your Jazz driven on the freeway a bit ?

Anyway, 50000k's, and all I've done is change the cvt fluid, front pads, filters and thats it. Goes as good as new. Oh, and I didn't do the 40K km's valve clearance check ( engine is quiet as a mouse ), may get it checked at 80K km's when the fuel filter gets changed.
    Last edited by fundies; 20-03-2009 at 01:58 PM.

80% of my driving is to and from work which is basically 90% freeway driving. The pads were stuffed (not down to the wear indicators though) and wouldn't have got to 111,000 kms.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 crv n 06 jazz
    my pad was done on 48000 as well, touch wood other then that so far so good been done 67000 now.
    also have to agree on the paint work my friend hv a fd civic and even newer(08) is not as deep gloss as mine (both black) would it be jap paint(mine) n thai paint(his civic)?
    as someone mention b4 the dash seems have some resonance problem but minor.
    yesterday vac my cer found out the seatbelt is wearing the seat cover esp driver side near seat hinge. damn i like the seat pretty much dun wanna put any seat cover on.
    my last car was corolla SX dead on 320000km and just regular service n not much been replace until 310000 many things start to kinda fail so change to this lovely GD3 i doubt this little jazz would hold up until this much k's

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz Vti-S
    My biggest problems:

+Interior Panelling doesnt slot together properly in some spots
    +When i have a full tank fo fuel it sloshes around every time i stop and its annoying to hear
    +Bonnet paint seems very weak/thin as the stone chips are getting more and more
    +stock cd player used to swallow cds and took some persuasion for it to give them back
    +constantly find something in interior squeaking, first seat belt, then seat rails, then accelerator pedal, now something behind glovebox (nothing wd40 cant fix but..)
    +pain in the arse to work under the bonnet (hate having to remove panels in wheel arch or front bumper to get to stuff)

anyway they are my main problems with my jazz
    Jazz Demon 666

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    [quote=62rocket;2178881]I have a March built 2004 Jazz VTIS manual which I have owned since new and has travelled 130,000 kms. The following is a list of what I have had replaced or repaired on the car since ownership:

1. Rear wheel bearings. These are a problem with the GD Jazz and mine were replaced under warranty at about 80,000 kms. If your rear wheel bearings are whining or rumbing when turned whilst the car is on a hoist, your wheel bearings are stuffed. Got it done under warranty, normal cost of supply and fit is about $800!
    quote]

I had my wheel bearing go at about 50,000kms had to pay for that as I was just out of warranty....currently on 75,000 still on original pads. other than that its great "touch wood" paint is good, stability of the cars is great steering is good....can't complain....its been a good car beside the bearing.
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz Vti-S
    anyone else got the same problem with fuel swoshing around (the noise that is) like i do?? only happens when the tank is near full or full...
    Jazz Demon 666