Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r

removing head unit

any one no anything about removing standerd head deck from a ek1 i got myself a dvd player and want to change it over just having abit of diffculty getting the oem head unit out any tricks i should no about

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK
    when removing the plastics remember to be gentle and always look for screw's underneath the plastic

im not sure if ek has screw on the stock dvd; but u gotta insert two thin metal piece on the both side of the head unit; and it will unlock the headunit on its position. U can find the thin metal piece from any aftermarket headunit (comes with it).

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Accord v6/99 Honda ek1
    hey, im not sure myself but i heard from somewhere the oem headunit in ek1 has the immobilizer attached to it or something like that.

i might be wrong, my ek1 99, got a aftermarket headunit and still has an oem HU with some wire attached to it

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    ok ill give you the site all techs use www.installdr.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    My silly 17 yo thoughts from 3 years ago "hmm my tyres are bald, ahh well race cars run slick tyres, itll give me more grip"

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    thnk guys il give it another go now with the emboliser it has a lock code this is set wen the battery is dosconected your manual should have the code or you can call honda thnks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    any one got a wiring diagram i tryed search but there so many things under wiring

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    yes look at the link i posted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    My silly 17 yo thoughts from 3 years ago "hmm my tyres are bald, ahh well race cars run slick tyres, itll give me more grip"

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    Liberty GTspecB
    Quote Originally Posted by eternityz View Post
    hey, im not sure myself but i heard from somewhere the oem headunit in ek1 has the immobilizer attached to it or something like that.

i might be wrong, my ek1 99, got a aftermarket headunit and still has an oem HU with some wire attached to it
    No. Immobilisers head unit is USDM. Not for Australian delivered EK1's. That passcode it asks you for after disconnecting power is just anti theft system for the headunit, all it does is reactivates the HU.
    I used to have a EK sedan
    psn: w-_custer_-w

The civic is a bitch to get to but it can be done. I did it a a few months back and followed this guide: http://installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/PDF/466013.pdf

In terms of the immboilisers and central locking/OEM alarm..nothing will be affected in anyway (unlike USDM model EK's).

Good luck with it

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    all done thnks guys but my wiring was all wrong i followed tht diagram i got only one side of the speakers workin but the other side i got nothing i tried the fade option still no good i no akll the wiring is hooked up right ow well il take it to0 strathfield car radios they can have a look thnks ppl