Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI Manual(GD3)

Comparison between TEIN S-Tech Spring and King Springs for Jazz

From the research, i found a lot people are recommending S-Tech and King Springs, but there is a little more people go for TEIN, but why?
    Anyone got experience from both?
    except for the brand name

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    Read the other post regarding the King springs. Most of the time people say they sag and the ride comfort isn't the best.

^^ agreed.

kings suck.

I'm using Tein STech. It works ok do not sacrifice any comfort at the lower speed. However it's a little soft and bumppy when driving around 100-120km/h.
    I Love Spoon

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    We dont compare a BMW with Holden do we??

Realisticaly, KINGs arent that bad for the money! Teins are just a little over priced. I'd just go with what is available and what you can afford.

IMO either set is fine!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    We dont compare a BMW with Holden do we??

Realisticaly, KINGs arent that bad for the money! Teins are just a little over priced. I'd just go with what is available and what you can afford.

IMO either set is fine!
    I agree. Tein are a full set of coil overs and shocks and springs (for the rear) you can't compare that to a set of springs no shocks at all.

I have had king springs in my car for about 15,000km. i have had no sagging at all and the ride is fine, my car use to really lean around when i turned a corner and once i put the springs in it fixed that by about 80%.

i have also fitted to a nissan maxima, a set of Pedders springs. i had them in for 1 week and i took them out. the worst thing i ever bought for a car.

If you are on a budget and don't want to race on the track every weekend, then a good set of springs are the best way to go. coil overs imo are best used on the track or for the autosalon modifier, they don't do that much difference and for most people out there, looks is alot of the reason why we lower our cars! i know thats why I lowered mine.

In all i would suggest for people to go for what they feel is best, as a mechanic i have delt with both spring sets and coil over sets. both are worth the money you feel is right to pay. i know when i get more money i will probably put coil overs in my car, but thats because im lazy and i can't be bothered chasing down new shocks for my car!

so all in all after my big rant. both types are fine as long as you are happy with what you buy, both will reduce the life of your tyres and will make the ride alittle stiffer. but if its what you want go for it!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    sorry double post!
    Last edited by chkn; 21-04-2009 at 10:04 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    Good point, chkn!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI Manual(GD3)
    Anyone heard of Type 1 Racing springs?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    I recommend Tein H tech springs.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    i used the king spring on my jazz for around 3months, personally i found them too soft.
    I recommend you use H tech too.

I'm currently using the Tein C/O, they're more bumpy, but handle very well, if you have the budget, try to get a better set of C/O or Springs.
    Last edited by ksl; 22-04-2009 at 02:55 PM.

tried both. if only spring, prefer king. at least its more comfortable as its designed to suit the condition of the road here. jap spring designed for da smooth jap road condition. if only driven for daily driving on da road, one will not feel much different between king and tein. as for sagging issue, 2 b honest, has anyone seen one with his/her own eyes? i know so many ppl using king, how come not 1 of them have the sagging issue?