Member Array
    Car:
    CL9

Knocking/clunking/rattling from the front

hey guys,

I'm getting this knocking (clunking? rattling?) noise when i go over a series of small bumps or pot holes but not big speed humps. Car doesn't feel very smooth over these bumps or it's just the noise adding to the effect. Hoping someone might know what this could be.

There's also small knock from time to time when i accelerate around a corner (from standstill) or when im reversing and turning from a spot. Not sure if this is relevant.

I've checked to see if my wheels were loose already and I've read it could be a section of the exhaust being loose.

Are there any other suggestions on what could be the problem? any help is appreciated. Thanks

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Probably worn CV joints. Check the CV boots if they are torn. The are just behind the brake rotor. They look like rubber covers.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Sounds more like ball joints or bushes on your control arms etc.. Go to a reputable suspension place any get them to check it.. But pretty sure it doesn't fit the description of cv joint from my experience

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Crap, I read wrongly. Yes, you're right. Check bushes, not CV joints.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    out of curiosity, do they make the Nolathane kits for the Euro? (red bushes)

I wouldn't mind doing a conversion of the whole car away from the OEM rubber rubbish..