Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    your on green p's system man , so you have power to weight s2k is a no no techinicaly. BUT if ur a red p plater under the new probationary law the s2k is legal to drive .
    vicroads = retards
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by FASN8U View Post
    your on green p's system man , so you have power to weight s2k is a no no techinicaly. BUT if ur a red p plater under the new probationary law the s2k is legal to drive .
    vicroads = retards
    how?...

Papa, good luck fighting it... Because i've got done for the same thing not with the s2000 tho, i've also got done with driving an unregistered car and the car was registered lol i got out of that fine tho but couldn't get out of the high power fine ... I was driving a wrx and the cop wrote down that i was driving an sti, you could try writing a letter to the civic complyance... It also depends on the cop i've got let go for allot of things

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    Quote Originally Posted by MMike View Post
    As to whether it's considered a high powered vehicle depends on when you got your Ps.

The definition of a high powered vehicle (after 1 July 2007) is:

New restrictions on driving high powered vehicles were introduced for probationary licence drivers who obtained their licence from this date.

From this date a probationary licence holder cannot drive a vehicle if it has:

An engine of eight or more cylinders;
    A turbocharged or supercharged engine (except diesel powered vehicles);
    An engine that has been modified to increase its performance; and/or
    Any of the following high performance six cylinder vehicles as published in the Government Gazette.

While the definition of a high powered vehicle (prior to 1 July 2007):

A power to mass ratio which exceeds 125 kilowatts per tonne; or
    An engine capacity which exceeds 3.5 litres per tonne of the unladen mass (tare) of the motor vehicle.

Hope that helps.
    this guy has answered you

there are no more questions to ask

ur car is not legal for you to drive on your Ps

that doesnt mean u have to sell it....just take AUS2000's advice and start driving like a person with brains and ull be fine

i know plenty of ppl driving cars that are over the power to weight..
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    i havent read all the responses to this but if you got your licence before june 2007 then its considered a high powered vehicle due to power to weight.. But if you got it after june 2007, your allowed to drive it. They screwed up these laws nicely imo.

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by krogoth View Post
    this guy has answered you

there are no more questions to ask

ur car is not legal for you to drive on your Ps

that doesnt mean u have to sell it....just take AUS2000's advice and start driving like a person with brains and ull be fine

i know plenty of ppl driving cars that are over the power to weight..
    there was no question to be answered on my original post

this is a discussion forum mate

and this is the first time i have been pulled over in the 18 months i have owned the car

so start posting like a person with brains....

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    ok, i assumed u wer way over the limit

how fast wer u going?

and my main point is, if u drive under the limit and just try to not draw attention, u will be fine

no need for drastic actions such as selling ur car...
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Oh and regarding the post krogoth posted up.. I've been fined once for speeding, I get pulled over quite often in my car and i wouldnt be doing anything wrong. I guess it all depends on your luck because im pulled over quite often whilst doing nothing wrong. Which means yes a P plater is driving with brains. I got pulled over 12 times in 3 hours, and sometimes by the same cops and all i would be doing is just driving through the area. Thats my record so far. OH and not fined or canaried on any of those occasions.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    ^fair enough

but thats unusual, ive got mates with overpowered cars that havent had any problems yet...in 2.5 years....only one defect

but they are very careful about it...they avoid driving in hotspots, stay in the left lane, whenever they see a cop they always keep one or two cars behind them..
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda S2000
    i had some power hungry leading senior constable from port phillip traffic management unit in a highway patrol car pull me over

he didnt even say anything about the high powered fine and just sent it to me in the mail 3 days later

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    sorry to hear papa.. how fast were you going? all senior constables are power hungry man especially the ones in any TMU lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Still waiting to hear how fast you were going.