Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Reason for changing valve springs is seriously a sensible thing to do. Many people overlook these in high revving engines. The valve spring through time and obviously useage will lose it properties. And without getting too technical. The motor can develop valve float, this is where the valve doesn't return to being fully closed before it needs to reopen. Now the problem with this is due to minimal piston to valve clearance and the large lift and duration of our camlobes, the difference between the valve hitting the piston and it not, could be as simple as replacing your old valve springs. This is a common failure to high powered, high revving N/A motors that have seen some K's. Many a good engine builder will tell you this. There are plenty of springs to choose from, IMO i like TODA.
    Also if your crown and pinion gears are worn, changing your final drive will mean you replace these. And no there would be no need to replace housing, but get the diff internals inspected and more than likely change all the bearing. Also i have seen stiffening brackets that are mounted internally, however i'm not sure whether these solve the problem, i'd assume so.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    mate your a legend ^^^
    -S15R-