Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Good,sounds like ya onto it
    on to it like a fat kid on a cup cake
    Last edited by nisboi40; 25-04-2009 at 12:23 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    hey man i have a nitrous setup and we are installing one onto my brothers D16Y4 motor the zex system is a really good system and i recommend it, i would also recommend a wet nitrous setup as you dont have to have any tuning for a low shot and the zex kit has a WOT wide open throttle switch and is one of the easiest systems to put in.
    A wet system will inject nitrous and fuel at the same time so tuning isnt required.

however if you run a 75hp shot you will have to retard the ignition timing by 4 degrees if your running it on a stock motor and i wounldnt recommend a 100hp shot for a D16 will no tuning and inadiquate fuel supply you will risk blowing your motor mabe not straight away but eventually.

run with a 55hp shot it will be safe and you can run it all day and not have an issue with it as your only basically pumping more air in so its not that much different to running a mild turbo setup. really dollar for dollar its your best bang for buck upgrade!
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Thanks for the info man helped me alot I'll pm
    you tomorro just want bit more detailed info on the zex
    Thanks again

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingforboost View Post
    hey man i have a nitrous setup and we are installing one onto my brothers D16Y4 motor the zex system is a really good system and i recommend it, i would also recommend a wet nitrous setup as you dont have to have any tuning for a low shot and the zex kit has a WOT wide open throttle switch and is one of the easiest systems to put in.
    A wet system will inject nitrous and fuel at the same time so tuning isnt required.

however if you run a 75hp shot you will have to retard the ignition timing by 4 degrees if your running it on a stock motor and i wounldnt recommend a 100hp shot for a D16 will no tuning and inadiquate fuel supply you will risk blowing your motor mabe not straight away but eventually.

run with a 55hp shot it will be safe and you can run it all day and not have an issue with it as your only basically pumping more air in so its not that much different to running a mild turbo setup. really dollar for dollar its your best bang for buck upgrade!
    You won't need to retard the timing at all with 75hp. On old big block Chevs you might but not on a multivalve EFI engine. I'd get a wet system and have it tuned on a dyno by someone who knows what they are doing with nitrous.

I would use a NOS nitrous system as they are much more widely known and much easier to get parts for should you need them. Zex kits rate their hp increases at the flywheel whereas the NOS kits will give you that increase at the wheels (roughly depending on tuning and the car). ie a 50hp Zex kit will give you 50hp at the flywheel increase but a 50hp NOS kit will give you 50hp increase at the wheels.

If you want to get consistent results it is necessary to get a bottle warmer and a pressure gauge. With these you can keep the bottle pressure around 900-1000psi. If bottle is not warm enough the pressure drops below 900psi and as it drops you lose performance.

It will be necessary to get aftermarket headers and a good exhaust system. Without these you will reduce the nitrous gain because the engine will choke itself because it won't be able to expel all the exhaust quick enough. Make sure you do not use it at low revs with big loads or you will find out what nitrous backfires do to inlet manifolds and bonnets (it is not pretty).

One more thing, nitrous is NOT All Motor. This thread should be in the Forced Induction section.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by nisboi40 View Post
    lol i no, dw thats not my car in the pic and i havnt installed nothing yet, its only a small tank illl have a hidden purge so if i do get pulled over quickly release it coz the only thing that makes it illegal is that pressuriezd gas in the boot and that its flamable
    Nitrous Oxide in both gas and liquid form (when pressurised or released in the atmosphere) is NOT I repeat NOT flammable. It is an OXIDIZING AGENT that enriches the OXYGEN concentration in the combustion chamber.

You've been watching too much Fast and Furious.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    One more thing, nitrous is NOT All Motor. This thread should be in the Forced Induction section.
    Should of gone without saying
    AMSOIL 10w30/Ea013 @ 5k OCI's, AMSOIL MTF Synchromesh, RE002's @ F 40/R 38 PSI; 9.23L/100kms. Suburban(Minimal Freeway).

Self Tuned (Road). Dyno soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phased View Post
    Nitrous Oxide in both gas and liquid form (when pressurised or released in the atmosphere) is NOT I repeat NOT flammable. It is an OXIDIZING AGENT that enriches the OXYGEN concentration in the combustion chamber.

You've been watching too much Fast and Furious.

its still dangerous if its leaking or somthing because if the oxygen rich atmosphere reaches more than 23% its counted as a not stable enviroment
    mayb not flamable but dangerous,
    should be in forced induction my bad lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    It's laughing gas.........
    Econo Box pimping ain't easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    all pressurized gas cylinders have a safty release valve and will expell there contents if something goes wrong (theory) :P so it is recommended that you run a emergency release tube from the bottle under your car so that if it dose release the gas it goes out under the car and not into the cabin.

it is stated on the ZEX installation guide that for untuned motors running a 75hp shot they recommend retarding that ignition timing by 4 degrees so you dont have to, and i would put this down to the motor being untuned running factory computer after market tuned no worries :P

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    may i also suggest to upgrade the oil pump to a d16z6 (usdm) type, D16Ys oil pump isnt really the best for what its supposed to do. I/H/E will deff compliment the zex/nos system, & as stated before, a 75hp shot would be pushing it, to be on the safe side id go a 50 shot. bigger tb, skunk2 im would also let in a bit more air, & since your going to the trouble of fitting nitrous & getting tuned, may aswell go with them or get tb bored & port match im.

Keep your stock injectors, since your not hitting nitrous all the time, bigger injectors are really not required. only in application where boost is always present, then id start thinking about bigger injectors. if your really keen on bigger injectors though, prelude H22A injectors. im not exactly sure what size they are but i know they flow alot more compared to Y8s stock 240cc injectors...
    Last edited by VTECnique; 25-04-2009 at 09:28 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    ^^ as above but if you use a wet type system you wont need to upgrade your injectors as the system adds the required amount fuel to nitrous for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    honda push their injectors pretty hard,dont know bout d series but bseries see 90%+ duty cycle at high rpms.Id at least look at bumping the fuel pressure + tune,if stock injectors.

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    As lookingforboost posted there is no need for upgraded injectors when using a wet system.

If you only have a standard ECU I would not be using a dry system (I would never use a dry system anyway, but especially not with a stock ECU).

BTW, how many of those offering advice have actually used nitrous on a car of their own?