Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    That thermostat must be a teg thing, cause my dc2 did it when I first got it, and I even had the same problem with my old 87 teg. Both times it was apparently the thermostat sticking open

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Type R
    i just got this question as well on my 99 teg vtir....going to fix it up soon as i coundnt hear anything when the vtec should be kicked in....thats the problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    '99 DC2
    Decided to read some of this thread as the guy I just bought my VTiR off said he had the thermostat replaced recently due to it running cold, it sits at about 1/3 or just over which seems like it should be right.

But speaking of the VTEC, on a bog stock VTiR, no exhaust, stock airbox, should the VTEC be audible when it comes on, or not really? I have only owned a VTi Civic before this, so never had the DOHC VTEC before and expected it to be quite a change in barkiness at about 4500rpm.....but doesn't really seem to be any noticeable noise change or power change......should it?

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    No you won't hear anything on a stock intake, and you should just feel it continue pulling toward redline with out dropping off in a B18C.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209

teg vti-r running cool

DC2 Vti-R has 2 switchover points, Vtec switchover and dual stage intake manifold switchover.
    Correct me if I'm wrong (i got this from a honda brochure) but the VTEC switchover is approx 4400rpm and the manifld switches to a short tract from 5500 onwards.

Ive been shopping around for a dc2 vti-r and when I test drove one the other day, i noticed that it was running cold due to a faulty thermostat. It took it over 20 minutes to reach the halfway temp. mark and i could feel that it was inhibiting the correct operation of the VTEC. This is a common problem with pre-facelift ('93-97) VTI-Rs.

s tune Array
    Car:
    Secondary butterflies open at 5800.
    See here, page 2 from Honda brochure:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=107712&page=2

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    hmm yeah well i got a new mugen thermostat and used it for over 6000km... now (recently) its running cool when my engine has already warmed up... like 20% on the reading... what could be the prob? i don't suppose the thermostat has gone on me!?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    im already to do my thermo change tomorrow but... where the air bleed bolt is suppose to be its not... is that normal for 99 vtir? would it be anywhere else?
    ...LS...

can some please tell me roughly how long after the car has been turned on and driving should the engine temp be at 40%...as mine reaches 40% put takes a while to get there or i drive for like 15 mintues and it still sits near low...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Does it fluctuate??

I.E. when you sit in traffic it sits at the correct temp but when you start moving then it will move down lower. thats what happened with me and it never went hotter than about 1/3.

with a working thermo it shouldnt take very long to warm up, maybe 5 mins and it should reach operating temp.
    ^groundupgarage.com

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by doonbar View Post
    im already to do my thermo change tomorrow but... where the air bleed bolt is suppose to be its not... is that normal for 99 vtir? would it be anywhere else?
    anyone?
    ...LS...

s tune Array
    Car:
    do you mean the coolant drain tap? There's a tap at the bottom of your radiator but no air bleed.