Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Type R

Dc2r black exuast

hi everyone, can any one help me my exuast is really black everytime i vtec it the black stuff getts on my spoiler and rear bumper i duno wats happening and i think its backfiring and content speeds and slowing down can any one help me

Member Array
    Car:
    thatsafrenchassnameyvonne
    black exhaust fumes during vtec is normal.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Type R
    so getting all the black smoke over the back of the car is normal? cause i can run my finger through the rear bumper and i can see theres a layer of black stuff

Member Array
    Car:
    do you vtec everywhere you go? cause i can only see that much black shiit getting on your car if you vtec everywhere or vtec while car is stationary.

Member Array
    Car:
    A Honda
    Possibly get your head gasket checked.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Type R
    last week end i jsut clean my car vtec it twice and its back on my car

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    also depends on what fuel you use..

i tend to get more black shit on my exhaust when i run shell.. compared to bp/mobil
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    i would suggest its not just vtec that is causing the black fumes if you're only vtecing for a short period of time on odd occasions. If your car is a white or light colour the exhaust will stain it regardless of vtec fumes.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Let's take a step back here... is your car stock? The "black fume" that everyone here has expressed is actually semi burnt fuel. The reason why this happens is because the stock ECU will run the fuel map a bit richer than normal at high revs as a fail safe measure.

If you have modified your car, i.e. intake or exhaust, the increased air movement through the motor tricks the ecu further, and it will then send even more fuel into you A/F ratio, which further increases unburnt fuel, meaning you get more "black fume".

more info would help... but the reality is there's nothing wrong with your car. The only way to completely rid yourself of the issue is to get an aftrmarket programmable ECU where you can tune your fuel maps to your mods...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Type R
    my car has cai and full exuast i use bp ultimate, so if i get a aftamarket ecu that would solve the problem?

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    well the thing is you dont really have a "problem" per se'... apart from the black bumper... if you really want to get rid of it then either put your car back to stock, or put a programmable ECU on it and have it tuned to suit your mods. This will eliminate most of your black soot, and get your car running right as well.
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I dont think its "normal" for you to run that rich while cutting over to vtec, best idea is to check your plugs, injectors, put it into diagnostics mode and see if you have any failed sensors