Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Angle grind it? quickest and cheapest solution.

Seriously, but why compress it? Compress it too much and it would probably wear out your shocks quicker then the life expectancy your shocks were suppose to last for, so be careful how much you get it compress. Spring rate would probably change too and sudden the ride quality might become rather bouncy. If i were you i would look at aftermarket springs which have already been compressed and get suitable aftermarket shocks for lowered springs.

If you are thinking of compressed springs on oem shocks; its is a 'NO NO'. After compression your springs might not even be captive properly between the top mounts and shock perch and you could get the spring slipping from the perch if it wasnt done properly.
    mugen無限power

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_vtec View Post
    Angle grind it? quickest and cheapest solution.

Seriously, but why compress it? Compress it too much and it would probably wear out your shocks quicker then the life expectancy your shocks were suppose to last for, so be careful how much you get it compress. Spring rate would probably change too and sudden the ride quality might become rather bouncy. If i were you i would look at aftermarket springs which have already been compressed and get suitable aftermarket shocks for lowered springs.

If you are thinking of compressed springs on oem shocks; its is a 'NO NO'. After compression your springs might not even be captive properly between the top mounts and shock perch and you could get the spring slipping from the perch if it wasnt done properly.
    we have a set of king springs lows on a accord, it was same height as stock. so we've put around 60kgs in the boot to help it settle. if it still doesnt get low enough , we will compress them (for extra 1" lowering) for the following reason

1. the bottom of the spring is a tapered design, hence u cant chop the bottom
    2. the top of the spring is a flat design, hence u cant chop them as well.

so the only way to get it lower is to compress.

will be used with konis and as a cruiser so i dont believe there be any risks involved.

Nic, can you pm me with a contact? Racing project, what is that and where?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    But wouldnt compressing the spring cause it to be stiffer and depending on how much you decide to compress it you could get a abit of a bouncy ride?
    mugen無限power

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_vtec View Post
    But wouldnt compressing the spring cause it to be stiffer and depending on how much you decide to compress it you could get a abit of a bouncy ride?
    could be, who knows with compressing springs haha.. its a set of kings and they're as soft as egg shells already so a little stiffer won't hurt the back. and if we screw up, its only another $160 to get another pair. Not too bad.

we're only compressing 1/2 to 1 inch so i don't believe the negative effects will be too dramatic. The spring is as long as an OEM spring.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    could be, who knows with compressing springs haha.. its a set of kings and they're as soft as egg shells already so a little stiffer won't hurt the back. and if we screw up, its only another $160 to get another pair. Not too bad.

we're only compressing 1/2 to 1 inch so i don't believe the negative effects will be too dramatic. The spring is as long as an OEM spring.
    you shoulda just got super lows or even lower, ultra lows

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra
    95 civic DONT EVER CHOP YOUR SPRINGS
    NOT ONLY ARE YOU PUTTING YOURSELF IN DANGER YOU ARE PUTTING MOTORISTS AROUND YOU IN DANGER

if you think your lifes not worth $300 for lowering springs
    think about others whose are