Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need your help guys, Honda Civic 09 Drive Away Price

Hello everyone, I am new here and I find this forum very very helpful.

I have just sold my 2002 Civic and I'm looking to buy the 2009 model. I went to the dealer today and they quoted $33K Drive-away for a Sport Manual, Black, with Tint and Mats.

Do you think this is already a good deal? Or am I being charged in excess?

Thank you very much.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    i got the same in 2007 for 30.... so yeah i rekon its a goodish deal, might be able to knock off another 500 to a grand depending on how desperate they are?!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R, FD1
    Seems okay,

Maybe try to get it at 31k if possible since its manual

Are you in Sydney?

Sherweeeny & BC8, thanks both for your reply. I am desperately trying to get it down to 31K but the best they could offer is 32.7K. I probably isn't bad at all since the prices have increased since 2007.

Anyway, i'll still try to negotiate some more. Will let you know how it goes.

thanks again.

@BC8, yeah im in Sydney.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by J-MAN View Post
    Sherweeeny & BC8, thanks both for your reply. I am desperately trying to get it down to 31K but the best they could offer is 32.7K. I probably isn't bad at all since the prices have increased since 2007.

Anyway, i'll still try to negotiate some more. Will let you know how it goes.

thanks again.

@BC8, yeah im in Sydney.
    Keep trying other dealers. They are desperate to get a sale now in this poor economy.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    good negotiating tactic.

get $30,000 in $100 bills. Sit down at the desk and say, I will pay you $30,000 right now.

If they say "No way" take out your pile and count, $100, $200, $300, etc etc

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Shop around, identify the best deal then go to your local dealer.

I just purchased a Sport 09 black auto with matts, tint, reverse sensors

for $36400 driveaway.

I think if you can find the VTI purchase thread somewhere you can take off the costs of my extras to derive back to the base cost. That will give you an indication of what the best price will be

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Wow cooking models are expensive! I don't want to start a war, but you're really better off saving a little and getting a Type R. I've heard of them going (08 models) for under $40k drive away.

Member Array
    Car:
    MB C200 and FN2R
    the new model costs more than 40k drive away..just picked one up the other day for 46k

Honda's are priced for increase's this year starting April 09

i think the dealer said they were 2 prices increases this year and this is across all the honda range.

So can't compare 08 model prices unless your gunning for one. Altho i would say not many in stock atm

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by EG4 View Post
    So can't compare 08 model prices unless your gunning for one. Altho i would say not many in stock atm
    True, but at the same time you can't compare retail prices to genuine deals. I paid 43k for my 08 Type R (in early 08) when the rec retail was $43 on road and I had a slew of extras (at least $3k (RRP)) included.

To clarify: Last year I heard of 08 Type Rs going for $39k drive away which means that you can just increment the price increase ($1k or whatever it was) to that real world drive away figure and you should be close to a "good deal."

You'd be surprised at just how low dealers will go if you have your banter worked out. And I'll say it again: Shop around at all the other dealers except for your local one - Once you have worked out what you want to pay, go to your local Honda dealer and hit them with a figure you're happy with (under everyone elses).

I'm 99% sure local dealers have incentives from Honda to secure deals within their designated zone.

Most dealers openly laughed at the deal I got - in fact one dealer told me $46-7k was the best I could hope for anywhere in Melbourne and that was for an 07!

AND.. I almost forgot - NEVER EVER GO TO NEW WORLD HONDA IN BERWICK or FTG HONDA, now that I think of it..
    Last edited by moons; 18-05-2009 at 02:24 PM.