Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:

Avoid running weights on your rims.

Hey guys
    Just wondering, how dangerous is it to drive a car without the weights that stick on the rims? (its little square looking things that stick to the back of your rims and its suppose to balance the car out).

My rims dont clear the calipers because of the weights, is there a possbily that you can stick them inside the rims before you fit the tyres? My mate has dc2r alloys and they dont have weights?

Any info would be great.
    Thanks

You can get ones that clip on the outside of the rims, so it's not in the way of the calipers
    Who's your messiah now!

like this

Who's your messiah now!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe kickarse View Post
    You can get ones that clip on the outside of the rims, so it's not in the way of the calipers
    Yeah that's the way to go, but you just got to be careful as they sometimes cause air leakage on some tyres as they touch the tyre's inner wall.

The reason why most places put the stickon ones is cos they don't damage the lip of the rim & do not affect tyre sealing.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i wonder if you can ask the shop to stick them on the outside lip area? won't look the best though.

P.S Ur friend's rims may not be balanced. Will cause premature wear & can cause wobbly effect on steering at high speeds
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Could try to stick them closer to the inner edge of the rims, before the rotor and caliper
    Who's your messiah now!

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    u must have the weights, or ur wheels will not be balanced

cause unwanted vibration, it may affect drivability and handling as well as other problems down the track
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    yeah you need those weights.. speeds down low arent affected as much but as soon as you punch it as i soon as i drive over 85km/h my wheel would vibrate pretty hard. it got to the stage where i thought it was the wheels falling off but found it its cos the wheels werent balanced.
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    It's not particular dangerus for street driving.. but yeah vibration wise it is gayness!

Member Array
    Car:
    Yea, i been driving last 2 days, havent really noticed anything while driving yet.
    the rims im talking about are the ones in my avatar <--, is it possible to put weights on the lip where tyre valve is instead of the dish

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    why dont u take it to a tyre shop and ask them?
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    GD1, EK4R,
    if they dont fit with weights on them have you thought about getting bigger rims?,
    IJOEYI
    0o0 whats that... a b20 aye?