Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 K20
    mobil 8000! i used to use v power until i tried mobil 8000 got 450k's from mobile and makes my car more smooth, havnt tried bp ultimate yet
    FS thread OMG heaps of parts for dc2/eg/ek wrecking eg vti!: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111753

ive used shell v power for a while and i must say i was not impressed. i dont bother with it anymore and just run 95ron shell or if i want 98 i look elsewhere for bp ultimate or mobil if its cheap enough lol

Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI
    yeah same here

i used v power for a while and it was crap... crap fuel economy, crap running and crap power... mobil 8000 shits on it, smoother running, more economy and definately more power
    We dont live, if we dont feel alive .

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    saikou27 im 100% with you there! not impressed with v-power...
    joe.teg same deal, 100% with you...
    even though it only been 1 week with using mobil - definately noticed differences with the mobility of my teg.
    *cheers for mobil*

Quote Originally Posted by rbk_212 View Post
    yeah the fact it would get less k's i understand, but im sort of split on whether its actually damaging, like 20 pound of boost is VERY different to a slightly different fuel mixture.

the fuel may have only been just released but it was released with the intention on being compatible with all unleaded cars. i wouldnt be running a really high percentage of ethanol but as its only 10% im sort of struggling to see how it could do damage..
    Ethanol has less energy per mol compared to petrol, hence why it produces less power. For each mole theres only 1/2 the power.

Ethanol has a higher ignition temperature

Ethanol is highly miscible in water and such can easily be contaminated. The fact that this is seen as a 'lower' grade fuel makes this worse.

Ethanol doesn't provide the same lubrication as petrol as its surface tension and viscosity are completely different

It can do damage by increasing the temperature at the heads due to its higher ignition temp.

Also u look at cars that have fuel/gas...there bad cars that are setup on only fuel or just gas run fine if there tuned to suit that.

If you had a car that was adequatly tuned to ethanol mixture, you would find it would run fine. But most cars are tuned to premium fuel so the facyt that theres ethanol in there, in a sense its an impurity (it dsnt fire as well as what petrol does)