Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    I baught the 403s with springs retainers...
    Sold them of and got a EG and put a B18c in it....
    Seriously not worth it unless your planning on doing mayor work to the motor...
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by d15z1SUX View Post
    knew a guy who had b18a with crower cams... 403s im pretty sure. never sat in it but seemed quickish. 122fwhp i think.

i remember he posted his dyno sheet, those numbers are ridiculously low, and it should make tons more power but its probably just a low reading dyno....

with crower 403's you can get away without doing the bottom end, and should be a pretty nice gain.

if you want a bit a beats there are 404's but to get the best you should upgrade the compression also, these make power to 8k easily as well.

so changing pistons to say CTR pistons and upgrading rod bolts is a must, but they pull pretty hard for a all motor LS cam.
    ^groundupgarage.com

Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI
    man TBH sell the gsi... no matter what you do it will never be enough especially cause of the lack of vtec. They way i see it you have two options.
    option 1: save and get a k20a or b18c7
    option 2: sell the gsi and buy an eg with a b18c2 or k20 conversion.
    Much cheaper and much more fun !
    We dont live, if we dont feel alive .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Gsi 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.teg View Post
    man TBH sell the gsi... no matter what you do it will never be enough especially cause of the lack of vtec. They way i see it you have two options.
    option 1: save and get a k20a or b18c7
    option 2: sell the gsi and buy an eg with a b18c2 or k20 conversion.
    Much cheaper and much more fun !
    A B18c7 would give me the power I want I will want to change the gearbox then aswell though.. But I guess if I do these mods to the B18b1 I will want to change the fly wheel and put a heavy duty clutch in it and thats like changing a gearbox lol.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Gsi 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeling7 View Post
    i remember he posted his dyno sheet, those numbers are ridiculously low, and it should make tons more power but its probably just a low reading dyno....

with crower 403's you can get away without doing the bottom end, and should be a pretty nice gain.

if you want a bit a beats there are 404's but to get the best you should upgrade the compression also, these make power to 8k easily as well.

so changing pistons to say CTR pistons and upgrading rod bolts is a must, but they pull pretty hard for a all motor LS cam.
    Those numbers are very low I recon aswell..

Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI
    Quote Originally Posted by TegzGsi View Post
    A B18c7 would give me the power I want I will want to change the gearbox then aswell though.. But I guess if I do these mods to the B18b1 I will want to change the fly wheel and put a heavy duty clutch in it and thats like changing a gearbox lol.
    Lol its nothing like changing a gearbox and im probably guaranteeing that ull get bored with the car very quickly.

What is you attatchment to the car anyway
    We dont live, if we dont feel alive .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Gsi 2000
    Also guys I hear that the ITR's 1/4 mile time is 14.7 is that not quite high...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Gsi 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.teg View Post
    Lol its nothing like changing a gearbox and im probably guaranteeing that ull get bored with the car very quickly.

What is you attatchment to the car anyway
    First car I guess and I would like to show people it's not a crap engine lol

Quote Originally Posted by TegzGsi View Post
    First car I guess and I would like to show people it's not a crap engine lol
    Everyone knows it's not a crap engine. The VTECs however are better engines and if you plan on keeping your car for a while, you need to seriously think about how much cash you want to put in and what you want to get out of it.

If you think you're going to spend a fair bit of money you're going to be kicking yourself down the line when you have an engine which is slower than a stock VTEC and you've outlayed nearly as much as a full conversion.

Engines make power by carrying torque high in the rpm band. The higher you carry the torque, the more power you make. This is the strength of the VTEC motors - lots of torque at very high rpm. VTEC heads breathe better up high stock than your non-vtec head with mods and cams will.

A second hand VTEC head will cost you as much as a set of non-vtec cams and springs and will be a much better base for future mods.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeling7 View Post

Dyno is a low reader...
    I got 120whp in same dyno with stock B18c...
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Gsi 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    Everyone knows it's not a crap engine. The VTECs however are better engines and if you plan on keeping your car for a while, you need to seriously think about how much cash you want to put in and what you want to get out of it.

If you think you're going to spend a fair bit of money you're going to be kicking yourself down the line when you have an engine which is slower than a stock VTEC and you've outlayed nearly as much as a full conversion.

Engines make power by carrying torque high in the rpm band. The higher you carry the torque, the more power you make. This is the strength of the VTEC motors - lots of torque at very high rpm. VTEC heads breathe better up high stock than your non-vtec head with mods and cams will.

A second hand VTEC head will cost you as much as a set of non-vtec cams and springs and will be a much better base for future mods.
    I see what you are all trying to say I will see what I can do how much in australia do you think I would even pay for a Vtec engine head ( I know it would depend on which I put on b16 or b18) I think I would take the B18c due to it will have more compression Im pretty sure.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 K20
    whoratio is selling a p72-1 head
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112792
    FS thread OMG heaps of parts for dc2/eg/ek wrecking eg vti!: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111753