Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Easy with the pressure guys ..... this is my everyday car and I am an amateur with drag racing.

The car had a few problems with the turbo bolts before the drag. Turbo-manifold bolts got loosened the day before. Temporarily fixed. Then when I got to the drag the 3 bolts holding the dump pipe felled off completely I had to spend most of the morning and noon to find 3 bolts and reattached the dp.

I got 2 runs around 1400. I babied the diff on both runs. The 2nd run, which I missed 3rd gear, was 13.3 with 60' of 2.7 and trap of 117mph.

The last run was in the afternoon. I deflated the tyre pressure and raiseed launch rpm to 3700 rpm. I did a half decent burn out.....but still a lot more than I ever done in this car before. The clutch bited too quick on release.......LOUD BANG!

I thought the diff housing cracked, but my friend told me today that one of the axle broke. I am in the process of getting a new r200 diff.

I think I got a long way to learn to get to what online got.......please no flaming.....<firesuitisbackon>...I don't think my car will ever get there to be honest. I'll be happy if I ever get low 11 in this car.

Herer are some photo from the weekend, courtesy of Max
    http://community.webshots.com/album/282757254VhssUJ/2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4 + ZXR250C
    im jus wondering how much did it cost u for turbocharging ur s2k?... like all up???... if u dun mind coz dats one beasty s2k...

I think the cost of mod (s) and my time on the car is getting close to the cost of a second hand s2k. However you won't have much fun if you keep looking at the bank balance.

There is a price for everything but it's worth it so far.....just as long as the turbo doesn't fall off :P

Props to you 9krpm! I don't see why you would get flamed

Once you fix those problems you'll be running some awesome times

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 9krpm
    I think the cost of mod (s) and my time on the car is getting close to the cost of a second hand s2k. However you won't have much fun if you keep looking at the bank balance.

There is a price for everything but it's worth it so far.....just as long as the turbo doesn't fall off :P
    Yup......A car isn't an investment.........its just a very expensive hobby!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

wynode, we all have a bad habbit or two :P

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Prelude VTiR
    Yer the 2nd one pays for the 1st one
    ehehehhe

Nice car 9Krpm...VERY nice car :thumbup:

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Not my style, but a nice group of people behind the car - Willall Racing..... nice

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by poweredbyhonda
    Will this car now take crown of Australia's Fastest Honda? It better!
    Online's car is a custom built drag machine not used on the road... I'm sure that once 9krpm sorts out the little problems and gets in some more practice at the strip, he'll have one of the fastest street hondas.

Good luck 9krpm .

thanks for the compliments and the peer pressures guys
    things are a little bit slow atm because of the clipsal this weekend

I'll keep you guys post of the progress and more pics soon when I have a little bit more time.

Member Array
    Car:
    1988 Prelude
    Im at the clipsal this saturday, i would love to see your s2000 do a couple of hot laps in between races 9krm :P

hahahah I wish spiller.....that will be the day when the s2000 cost 2-300 grands; most pple would prob not know what car it is atm anyway.