Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: the new mod

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx Type X
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If someone called me a faggot, yes, I would be offended. If it was saying that I did not get rear action, then I would let that slip with just a warning, seeing that everyone refers to this place as Ozhomo.
    i knew thats how u would see it.
    too bad ur opinion isnt shared.

oversteer....you wouldn't understand.
    ozhonda 4 lyfe!

Rather than continually harp on about what has happened, can I suggest a few things:

1. Moderate according to the demographics of the spammers - in saying that, don't expect the spammers to be UN diplomats, but rather younger, fun loving individuals

2. Don't trail back into peoples post history for the reason of infracting. Prevention, not punishment, otherwise we create resentment and Ozhondasux v2. Simply say "Take it easy guys" and delete the posts. Thats all that is required.

3. Try to limit US style management on an Australian forum (coming from a Telstra employee - me, in the same way as Sol failed trying to manage Telstra and the Aus Govt. It DOESN'T WORK). Hardline, bam bam bam does not work.

What I say may fall on deaf ears, but either way, I still do FULLY support Wyn and his goals, and the majority of the moderators on here. Wyn, you've done an awesome upgrade to the new platform, increasing PM's, etc, certainly heading in the right direction

If I had more time, I would definitely much love to assist you to moderate again, but unfortunately life + work is a priority at this tmie.
    Last edited by SiReal; 31-05-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Mods are human. There are guidelines that we follow to determine what we do. There are many situations where it is never black & white, but rather gray so a variety of solutions is possible. That is how it is in life too.

The infractions given out to WITNESS and INVSBL in the spam thread that are being discussed here were not because of light hearted arguments. The two of them insulted/attacked a mod.
    You can set guidelines. You said earlier that some mods will clean a thread and leave a warning. That can easily be step one. Instead of the choice between closing a whole thread and cleaning being left up to human discretion. I'm not saying I'm an expert, but I was an Admin and Mod on a forum for a few years so I feel I understand both sides.

We are also discussing the way in which the spam thread is policed, are we not?
    You said that the staff are outsiders to justify hefty infractions in a situation where the conversation is in fact light hearted. Being a little less trigger happy is beneficial for all involved.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    2. Don't trail back into peoples post history for the reason of infracting. Prevention, not punishment, otherwise we create resentment and Ozhondasux v2.
    I would have thought a Guideline involving this would already have been in-place.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOGUNOVDDRK View Post
    I would have thought a Guideline involving this would already have been in-place.

There was NO going back in users history done period. Easy to check for yourselves (if you want the TRUTH not idle speculation) go look in the treads in the lounge (no need to be a mod) and see the dates of deletion and you will see quite easily that past history was not involved in any of them.
    I love bombs and explosions they are my business.... and business is good.

Intellectually "challenged" EXPERTS gotta lovem

GO IDF Kicking butt since 1949 !!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Jeesh Claymore, I don't give a shit about the infractions you gave me, yeah, 2 infractions in half an hour but oh well

Simple fact is that briefly knowing Wynode I thought there would have been something in-place already, from readying Jeff's post I would now assume there isn't.

You overlooked, not me.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    X
    I didn't have a gun to your head when you posted you knew what was going on and you were just pushing the limit for your own reasons so don't try to push off YOUR own responsibility for what happened onto someone else.

You did it so man up and take your hit and get on with life and quit whining about it.

Member Array
    Car:
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOGUNOVDDRK View Post
    Jeesh Claymore, I don't give a shit about the infractions you gave me, yeah, 2 infractions in half an hour but oh well

Simple fact is that briefly knowing Wynode I thought there would have been something in-place already, from readying Jeff's post I would now assume there isn't.

You overlooked, not me.
    Simple fact in this case Jeff is talking through his hat. He is commenting about something he knows nothing about. Like I said if you want the TRUTH, not idle speculation, go back through the lounge threads and look at the dates of any posts deleted by me and it is clear as a bell that no going back in history was done to any member.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    00 NSX Burnt Orange
    because its such an accomplishment to delete posts and infract people aye claymore?

u feel proud doing that?

its such a honour to australia to sacrifice yourself in that way.. so everyone can give u respect.

If that is the case Claymore, I do apologise openly for my misinformation.

However, the other two points remain firm and as such, if you haven't already noticed are working negative for the forum, as opposed to positive. Its as simple as that.

My thoughts and apologies are down, there is no more I want nor need to say.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    You did it so man up and take your hit and get on with life and quit whining about it.
    I did do what I did and you did your Job, if I was having a whine and not manning up then I'd be the OP of some thread in the Site Discussion section having a whinge because I copped 2 infractions (4 points) because I posted shit outside of the Spam Thread (which is being watched anyway)

Fact is I'm not whining, just commenting.

Time for me to return to the Spam post.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    Quote Originally Posted by whtteg View Post
    As a former spammer I understand where you guys are coming from BUT once posts start getting reported its a mods job to look at the incident reported and deal with according to how it looks at the time.
    i reported claymore on what he said when he closed the "talk to a stranger" thread...deal with it accordingly please