Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June 2009

June 2009

Is it correct that June 2009 Honda will stop production of the s2k? As this is the last year of manufacture at some point the value of these cars is going to start going up so I wonder at what point we will see the prices start to bottom out on the used ones. Any thoughts?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    i seriously doubt the s2000 will hold it's value or see any price increases. Just look at any other fine discontinued honda examples. None have held there prices. Maybe in 15-20 years they might be worth something. Some high km ones are now asking low $20,000's. Expect to see much lower prices as they get more hectified and pimped out. Just look at what happened to the CRX and DC2. Nearly none are standard and nearly all are owned by P platers. The future doesn't look bright for the S2000.

I was looking at some of the prices people are asking for Holden Gemini's on car point as I wrote that post. I thought at some point as they become scarce people might start to hold on to them and prices may rise. Pimping out these cars is an exercise in serious bad taste IMO!

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    if you had a brand new s2000 and kept it undriven for 30yrs then maybe. but in the mean time. expect to see them under 20k by next year

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    A few guys i know who are selling them for low prices are only getting rid of them because of this recession.. They all said they paid it with finance and need to get rid of it for low cash to pay it off.. (even though its not at 22k like i saw one on carsales for) considering the recession will be over by the end of this year (according to what i've heard on the news) people wont have to sell them to pay off loans and what not so wouldnt they keep at the steady price of around 28-33k? and soon enough the government will crack onto the lightweght vtec machine and ban it for p platers anyway. and it wont be able to sell to "rich kids" as many of you like to say. I definatly dont think it would drop below 20k... unless someone is really desperate. But i also dont think prices will go up anytime soon either.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Yeah right, once low prices are set, it starts a trend. You'll see S2000 around 15k same time next year.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    its not all bad. Cheap S2K means potentially excellnt basis to build a track car from....

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
    its not all bad. Cheap S2K means potentially excellnt basis to build a track car from....
    true

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    im not sure if it will go as low as 15k. maybe for some examples around the 200,000km mark or the cut and shuts

but i definately expect them to be under 20k.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    well why would the insurance on them go up if their prices are ment to drop? its the market value which is what you get paid out for. and mines gone up from 40k to almost 50k.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post
    well why would the insurance on them go up if their prices are ment to drop? its the market value which is what you get paid out for. and mines gone up from 40k to almost 50k.
    Is that a serious question??? Your kidding yeah?

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    Is that a serious question??? Your kidding yeah?
    in the poker world we call thse people donks. lets just explain it to him

insurance doesnt take into account just the price of the car. but also the rate they get stolen, written off, damaged etc etc etc

as s2000s get cheaper and more hoons buy them. they get written off more often. they get more heavily modified which puts them in a higher risk bracket

i don't wanna get into any more detail to that